Best External Hard Drive Out There!

Adotis Reviews

Beta member
The WD My Passport Ultra 2TB is a very nice external hard drive when you need to store/access a lot of data quickly or frequently on the go. I use it to transfer data to and from my home computer, my laptop, as well as computers at the college I attend. This is very convenient for many large projects in my class because there are often many files of great size that I need to transfer quickly in-between classes. The USB 3.0 and fast speed of the hard drive itself makes this a breeze and has not once lost any data.
The My Passport Ultra is small for the amount of memory it can hold, but is not as small as the Passport Slim (see a picture of both drives below). However, the Ultra is cheaper than the slim.
There are some features for this hard drive that separates itself from others like it. For example there is an optional encryption function that locks and encrypts all the files on the hard drive so that you need a password to use it. Once again, this is nice for when I'm at the college and I need to be sure my hard drive isn't stolen and data isn't pulled from it. Another feature is the backup service it advertises. Essentially it's the one thing they could have done better. They don't have private servers somewhere that back your data up for you, it is just advertising a Dropbox account. Granted, some people may find backing their files up on a Dropbox account to be helpful, but personally, I think it's bad advertising.
Also, I mentioned the hard drive is reliable and I haven't lost any data. You may think "duh, it's made to hold/protect data" but many hard drives out there don't hold up as good as this one. I've had hard drives in the past that have failed after a few weeks and all the data on them was lost. It is common for cheap brands, but I've never had a problem with Western Digital hard drives. Finally, the drive is very quiet; I can barely ear it if I put my ear right next to it.

Pros:
Lightweight
Fast
High storage capacity
Reliable
Password functionality
Price
Quiet

Cons:
Dropbox

As you can see, this external hard drive is great all around and is cheap for its functionality and storage capacity. I highly recommend it. 9.5/10

Amazon: Amazon.com: Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive, Titanium: Computers & Accessories

NewEgg: WD My Passport Ultra 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive WDBMWV0020BTT-NESN Titanium - Newegg.com

Attachments

• wd-my-passport-ultra-2tb-titanium-wdbbuz0020btt.jpg
    wd-my-passport-ultra-2tb-titanium-wdbbuz0020btt.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • wd-mypassportslim-01-100154863-orig.jpg
    wd-mypassportslim-01-100154863-orig.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom