Your 6x9 of choice.

I never really looked. Whenever I go to local car stores it's full of 15" subwoofers and really aweful looking and sounding drivers. So I just ignored it.

If quality stuff does actually exist, cool. I'd like a Dynaudio system in my car with a some valve amps acting as monoblocks, but I guess valve amps wouldn't last too long in a car :(

I just replaced my Polk DB's cause I blew them. Decided to go with a pair of JL Audio TR690-TXi's. I love their quality speakers.

I never really looked. Whenever I go to local car stores it's full of 15" subwoofers and really aweful looking and sounding drivers. So I just ignored it.

If quality stuff does actually exist, cool. I'd like a Dynaudio system in my car with a some valve amps acting as monoblocks, but I guess valve amps wouldn't last too long in a car :(
Your craptasitc car audio dealer typically will not have the expensive quality stuff. You need to order that stuff online.

Taking the 6x8s and 6x9s out of Turd and putting them in my GT as well as my Pioneer headunit. The Pioneer 6x8s aren't the best but still way better than even the Mach 460 setup.

The Mach 460 is such a pain when you try to go aftermarket...

I was glad my Mustang didn't have it.

The Mach 460 is such a pain when you try to go aftermarket...

I was glad my Mustang didn't have it.
I haven't fiddled with it, but I can imagine. All I'm doing right now is replacing the speakers in the front this weekend and the car came with this POS Dual unit which I'm replacing with my slightly less ****tier Pioneer. Should be fun lol.

PP what kind of sound you looking to get out of it.
I might be lost in networking
but im a biggest cheapass in car audio and can put together a cheap system that will sound great.

let me know what you looking for and I will find you some good and cheap stuff

you want more bass more mid or high
you want softer or crisper high freq?( silk vs metal tweeters)
you want out of the box sound or you want to adjust it with more settings
amp or deck power
flac or mp3/wma files
ipod or android phone
coax or component
subwoofer or just speakers
active or passive crossovers if amped

Last edited:
When I originally made this thread I was going to simply update the speakers in my old car, which I eventually did with some cheap **** that effectively did the job.

My current vehicle I'm not really touching right now. I don't really listen to music in my car because of my exhaust and I never got to do this from this post either.

I haven't fiddled with it, but I can imagine. All I'm doing right now is replacing the speakers in the front this weekend and the car came with this POS Dual unit which I'm replacing with my slightly less ****tier Pioneer. Should be fun lol.

If I did actually tackle the audio in my car it would be a set of JBLs in the front and rear with a modified tweeter setup for the upper tweeters. A 3 channel amp that only puts out about 80RMS per channel with one channel tied into a crossover for the tweeters to keep mids and highs out with a lower volume compared to the 6x8s. My current vehicle won't be a daily for much longer so no real need for all that though. I used to be into car audio quite a bit and with my old junker it's really all I could do but this car isn't getting subs or anything like that. More than likely I might wind up tossing the DIN and putting gauges in the holes.

nice lol I didn't realize how old the thread was...
I have racecar with every car I own so same here. loud exhaust and targa top.just had to put a tiny bit of dynamite in the doors and spray the exhaust pipe with a lot of wrinkle black paint to stop the resonance

u ever tried using a headphone noise cancelling circuit to run between your aux and headunit?

Back
Top Bottom