Post Your Ride!!

Well the mazda 3 is an econobox. however it is more fun to drive than a vanilla civic.

Personally I would not consider it to be in the same league. The Mazda 3 is a much more driver oriented vehicle while the Civic is solely designed for cheap uneventful driving.

Well it was getting rid of a sporty econobox for a true econobox.

But honestly I do miss my Mazda3 with it's amazing handling and it was amazingly fun to drive, but honestly the performance loss from the Honda Civic wasn't very bad at all. I'm talking like few tenths slower to 60 at the most, it's probably because the Mazda weighed in like 2980lbs with the Civic at 2640. The Civic really lacks low-end grunt though (probably the 128FT-LBS versus my old 150FT-LBS, but I'd have to rev it to 3k RPM to get it's best fuel economy). Btw, it's a crap-o-matic.

The honda engine is gutless compared to the for/mazda unit. The mazda also has a better set up suspension. Not to bash the civic, they can be fun. And the si is a good hot hatch. but the mazda 3 in any trim can put a smile on your face.

I'm looking to buy a used car here in Panama...I am torn between a 2001 Audio A4 1.8t (120kKM), 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer ed. V8 Triton (118kKM), 1999 Doge Durango (120kKM), 1999 VW Jetta (149kKM). They are all about in the same price area with the VW being the cheapest listing and the two SUV's being more expensive. What do you guys think? The Audio might break my bank for maintenence and I would like to have an SUV...but the Jetta seems more economical but has much higher KM than the others.

I'm looking to buy a used car here in Panama...I am torn between a 2001 Audio A4 1.8t (120kKM), 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer ed. V8 Triton (118kKM), 1999 Doge Durango (120kKM), 1999 VW Jetta (149kKM). They are all about in the same price area with the VW being the cheapest listing and the two SUV's being more expensive. What do you guys think? The Audio might break my bank for maintenence and I would like to have an SUV...but the Jetta seems more economical but has much higher KM than the others.

If maintenance costs are a concern I would pass on the VW.

IMO the Expedition and Audi are the two best vehicles out of that selection.

Well the Audi is most impressive of the three but as you said could be the most expensive. The Expedition is really nice, should be cheap to repair also the only consideration on that is the gas--what's gas prices like there?

Back
Top Bottom