Petrol, or Diesel ?

Cant find information anywhere about the turbo :(

PP, why do you not like diesels ? old diesels wern't very nice but they have come a long way in recent years, and apart from being a bit groggy when cold they are practically as refined as gas/petrol cars. Unless of course you just don't like the way they deliver power, as it's almost an opposite to gas cars.

Disels last's FOREVER!!!! It sucks that the disel is slower and it only goes 0-60 in 9 sec jeez that is slow lol. The other one is quicker and has turbo and sounds mean :) That is a big plus. If you dont care to much about the sound and little bit faster of a car I would honestly go with the disel.

Okay so they're both turbo..

Disels last's FOREVER!!!! It sucks that the disel is slower and it only goes 0-60 in 9 sec jeez that is slow lol. The other one is quicker and has turbo and sounds mean :) That is a big plus. If you dont care to much about the sound and little bit faster of a car I would honestly go with the disel.

I may be able to get the D4 or T4, potentially.

The D4:

174Bhp
0-60 in 8.3s
440Nm of Torque

The T4:

177Bhp
0-60 in 7.5s
240Nm of Torque

Diesel has 200nm more ! but I really suspect insurance will be too high.

edit:

For whatever reason, Volvo cars of equal performance to Audi's and BMW's I was looking at are a low insurance group. The Volvo V40 details on insurance sites arn't out yet, but the C30 is a similar car with the same engines, and the T4 and D4 engines are easily cheap enough for me to insure.

So now, choose again everyone :grin: T4 or D4.

Cant find information anywhere about the turbo :(

PP, why do you not like diesels ? old diesels wern't very nice but they have come a long way in recent years, and apart from being a bit groggy when cold they are practically as refined as gas/petrol cars. Unless of course you just don't like the way they deliver power, as it's almost an opposite to gas cars.
2 reasons, I don't understand how they work therefor can't fix one myself if I ever owned one, and they aren't made for power. Sure, you can make some badass diesel engines that can go but it isn't the same as my gas guzzlin monsters. Ok my bad 3 reasons. I hate the way bigger diesel engines sound. They make this sound like they are about to die but yet running perfectly fine. If a gas engine ever made that kind of racket you would be pulling over immediately. Take note, Americans don't typically have diesel engines in their cars so my experience is loosely based on diesel engines in American trucks........which are huge.

Fair enough.

But, I am baffled, my insurance quotes have randomly doubled, even tripled from 1500 to 3000, for no apparent reason. Even with the same car I have now, my quote is 200 more than last year.

I quite like how some of the better diesels sound. They are always a bit rough when just started up and cold, but 2 or 3 minutes and they are really pretty quiet and make a nice deep throaty burble kind of sound when pushed.

Bare in mind it's a cold engine, and inside..

Fair enough.

But, I am baffled, my insurance quotes have randomly doubled, even tripled from 1500 to 3000, for no apparent reason. Even with the same car I have now, my quote is 200 more than last year.

I quite like how some of the better diesels sound. They are always a bit rough when just started up and cold, but 2 or 3 minutes and they are really pretty quiet and make a nice deep throaty burble kind of sound when pushed.

Bare in mind it's a cold engine, and inside..
I'll have to save this for tomorrow night some time.

Back
Top Bottom