Fleet management question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Automotives
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Smile Fleet management question

I own a Geotab device that allows me to visualize my vehicle(s)’s fuel usage, speed and a lot of other information. It is also able to send all that info to my boss when wifi is available.

But when my vehicle is out of cellular coverage / wifi this becomes an issue. I currently use an Iridium modem (9603) but itcan only sends a small amount of data (2.4 kbps).

What I need is a satellite wifi hotspot that will connect and allow my GPS device to send me information about my vehicles when they're in remote areas. This hotspot would have to be able to send and receive a large amount of information over a wide geographical range.

I have looked into switching to IridiumGO! but it requires me to login with a username and password and my Geotab cannot support that.

Would Iridium Certus be a better option? Or something that uses the BGAN M2M terminal such as the Hughes 9450 In-Motion? Or even the Iridium Pilot Land station?

Tags
cars, technology

« TF Car Guy Chat | - »