Dear wrenchheads. Need ideas. K&thxU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough dude. if you wont miss it and have a welder then who am I to say no? Just an idea, that I have been wanting to try on a bike. Why not AWD? Pardon the lingo but I will use car terms here. So the gears on the crank (what I liken to a switchable final drive) will need to be removed and limited to one gear. Same on the opposite side of the crank. We do this because you will be using one of the shifters for the rear wheel gears and the other for the front, so we need a fixed final drive. the gear set will be mounted with a spare derailleur that is welded to an arm connected to the front fork. the gears themselves will have a short driveshaft leading to the front wheel and there will be a u-joint. Since 2 wheel vehicles steer mostly by leaning than actually turning the fork we only need 10 degrees or so of movement to make it work. The hard part is while riding and shifting you have to keep the real and front wheel in the same gear or some funny things can happen.

welder? cnc machine? you really dont need any of that. it's not like your engineering the next line of motorcycles for some company. you've got an engine. you've got a bike. and i am sure you have a roll of duct tape laying around? well, there ya go. strap 'em all together, start it up, and hope for the best!

welder? cnc machine? you really dont need any of that. it's not like your engineering the next line of motorcycles for some company. you've got an engine. you've got a bike. and i am sure you have a roll of duct tape laying around? well, there ya go. strap 'em all together, start it up, and hope for the best!

Extra emphasis on "hope for the best" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom