Dear wrenchheads. Need ideas. K&thxU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens, I want a video of him falling on his rear end for us all to watch :3

Wheelie bars, brah. If I put a motor on it, I sure as **** am not going to leave the rear of that bike stock!

I'm beginning to think this may spill into a winter project. I have a lot of other stuff going on that is soaking up time/money. But hey, I hope I can still make this happen.

You could pretty easily fabricate a longer back fork to and mount the motor just behind the seat on the fork thus fixing the imminent wheelie problem.

But fabrication requires at least welding skills and at the most a CnC machine. I doubt the OP has either. Not to put him down, just assuming we are working with the least resources here. If you want to power something there are motor conversion kits for bicycles. Grab one and strap it on. You will learn a lot about engines and mechanical engineering the process. I'm always for tinkering, but don't get into a project that you can't finish.

But fabrication requires at least welding skills and at the most a CnC machine. I doubt the OP has either. Not to put him down, just assuming we are working with the least resources here. If you want to power something there are motor conversion kits for bicycles. Grab one and strap it on. You will learn a lot about engines and mechanical engineering the process. I'm always for tinkering, but don't get into a project that you can't finish.

But why is that such a bad thing? If I have a weed wacker motor at my disposal that I can demolish and it not be a big deal, along with a little miniature bike that I can demolish and it not be a big deal, the only way to go is up - if I learn something cool, great. If I blow it up, I still learn *something* at the very least. This is all in the name of a little fun. I definitely roll with that motto when it's doing work for somebody else where I'd be held responsible, or if I would have to invest a decent amount of cash into a project that I may not be able to handle, but hey - why the **** not? :p

To answer your question, I do not have a CnC machine, but I do have access to a welder and I have some experience welding. It's been a while but I have some scrap metal and figured I would try on a few pieces to make sure I get the feel for it back before I go to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom