could be my new car, your thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
2002 Mustang GT 127000 miles, auto, hard top, power everything... only thing is it has a salvaged title.... but he said it was professionally fixed and has been driving it for a year with no problems... hes asking $3600 and im going to offer around $3200 - $3300

i need your thoughts...

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

We have an automotive sub-forum XD

How much he asking?

The only thing about them cars is rust, and the intake manifold on that engine cracking randomly for people.

Honestly, they are strong cars, strong engine (v8, not the pitiful v6) and a strong transmission, just don't beat it into the ground, those engines DO give out eventually, and they are a PITA to repair, especially with how the timing system is set up, just gotta love OHC and multiple chains.

Find out what the damage was and try to get pictures of it if possible. And obviously get it professionally inspected before purchasing. I'd be wary of buying a newish car with a salvage title. But you left out the most important part, how much is he asking?

Yea deff find out what was originally wrong with it to be "professionally fixed". If you get this and I do my trade then we will have almost matching cars.

If you enjoy driving then find yourself a 5-speed!

If I were you I'd spend $2500 on a nice '85-'91 BMW 3-series (e30) and use the other $1100 for maintenance and other items. But that's me. I like corners more than straight lines.

If you enjoy driving then find yourself a 5-speed!

If I were you I'd spend $2500 on a nice '85-'91 BMW 3-series (e30) and use the other $1100 for maintenance and other items. But that's me. I like corners more than straight lines.
I think his angle is daily driving, not drag racing ;)

Still, driving a stick is just a better experience. Even if I ever bought a pickup truck I'd probably still get a stick. You just have more control over your vehicle. The only time I ever wish I had an auto is when I'm stuck in traffic.

I suppose if you just want a car to use as a tool for transportation I can understand wanting an automatic, but if that's the case then you'd be looking for something more reliable (i.e. Japanese :p).

So far my Cavalier has out lived all of my friends foreign cars. Oh, and it's been wrecked twice.

Some people just don't want to drive a stick, and I know that some people are to self conscious and OCD to drive a stick.

Oh wow i would buy that in a heartbeat. I would buy any car that allows me to overtake without fearing for my life, though.

So far my Cavalier has out lived all of my friends foreign cars. Oh, and it's been wrecked twice.

Some people just don't want to drive a stick, and I know that some people are to self conscious and OCD to drive a stick.

I always thought i would buy an auto as soon as i could afford one. But we were on private property the other day, i got to drive my dads Merc E320 auto... sure it was fast, but it's far to smooth. Auto just feels boring. In a manual car you put your foot down and get a sharp kick into your seat, and you feel every gear change (When your accelerating hard). Auto just felt less fun to me, and thats really wrong when i drive a 1.4L manual car day to day..

That said i would still swap any car faster than mine straight away. My car scares me. It's so slow at overtaking you get to look at the guy your overtaking in enough detail to know what weight and height he is with 99% accuracy :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom