Car Brake Warning Light help

The uneven discs have been replaced, that is no longer the issue. We are pretty sure it a wireing issue going to the brake wear sensor on the front left brake.

...curious, what car is this? I have actually never heard of, nor seen a caliper with an electrical sensor, the pads generally have a metal "sensor" like I described above... Can you get any pictures for me?

I only described the above to give you an idea of what CAN cause un-even wear on pads....

Though, I am rather interested to hear if a typical consumer car from the UK has electrical sensors for pressure, and pad levels... My car has 3 brake lights, one for ABS failure, a RED one for general "OMFG FIX ME!!!" then another one that isn't factory, supposed to sense the heat of the fluid in various locations, though, that has never worked as the sensors aren't in the lines... xD

Thanks, but I just googled disconnecting the battery, and while it may work people complain of it ****ing things up like electric windows, fuel cap not locking, radio needs resetting, ESC being turned off, and various other things.. sounds to risky for me to try :p

What do you do when you need a new battery? I'm curious...

...curious, what car is this? I have actually never heard of, nor seen a caliper with an electrical sensor, the pads generally have a metal "sensor" like I described above... Can you get any pictures for me?

I only described the above to give you an idea of what CAN cause un-even wear on pads....

Though, I am rather interested to hear if a typical consumer car from the UK has electrical sensors for pressure, and pad levels... My car has 3 brake lights, one for ABS failure, a RED one for general "OMFG FIX ME!!!" then another one that isn't factory, supposed to sense the heat of the fluid in various locations, though, that has never worked as the sensors aren't in the lines... xD

What kind of car do you have? My car has 4 lights for brakes. One for when ABS is activated, one for when ABS isn't working, and I don't know what the other one is for but it's blue and I'm pretty sure has something to do with the brakes and I have no clue what it would be for and seems like a waste of space to me **** you Volvo. :No:

And like yours a "Dude, pull over, your ****ed" light.

Engine management error due to failure of an exhaust gas purifier thing which removes emissions

Nice description, Kman. ;)

I have a 99 Grand Am, the lights on mine are typical, except for the third, which was added by a previous owner, but apparently never finished, from my understanding, I would just need to pop off the caps and put the proper sensor in place, in theory I could use pressure sensors, but from my understanding I would need a different control module meant for pressure instead of temps.

Back
Top Bottom