68 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know ford likes to use circuit breakers...

How long once on, do they turn off? Is it random? Are you running the car or driving it? Is there any form of computer system tied into the lights?

First thing is first, check ALL wiring, it could be a bad connection that has become faulty and disconnects when it gets hot enough at the connection.

Check the fuses, and look for any potential circuit breakers that reset after they cool off.

No computer for sure. I think my dad already checked all the cables and couldn't find anything and that's why he basically hot wired it to an actual flip switch for on and off. The on and off is random and it happens when running or driving.

If I could I would look at it for you, if you have a multimeter with aligator clips, clip onto a bare spot on the + at the headlight, and ground the multimeter out, and then get another one and probe at the switch.

Do you know if there is a relay in this setup? You may need a 30 or 50 amp relay, that could be all that's wrong.

No idea yet. I need to find where my moms spare set of keys are before I can even get into the car. Didn't think about that before posting this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom