Yet another series bites the dust... Terra Nova :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Fox just recently announced that Terra Nova has been cancelled... They left it off on what could be the worst cliff hanger I have seen since the Terminator tv series that was done.

So far I have lost the following...

Terra Nova
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
Firefly
Stargate
Stargate Universe
Stargate Atlantis
HOUSE
LEXX

Most likely loosing here soon
Fringe
Falling Skies (Can't find if TBS is going to do a season two or not...)

I don't see why networks produce tv series with decent story lines, then cancels them, even when they are doing GOOD, then they wonder why people just give up and download entire seasons at a time online.

Those really are the only TV shows I watch... I can't find anything anymore because as soon as I find something in the last two years or so, it is cancelled... Hell, Terra Nova really aint a season with 13 episodes. What ever happened to ~20, 1 hour episodes for a single season?

Well I know that the House was canceled in a major part by Hugh Laurie himself, since he is one of the exec producers. He (they) felt it's gone as far as it can since it went the way of boring.

Stargate (unfortunately) was kinda the same thing... It went the way of Star Trek... Very good until they went on and on with it. Although Stargate could have went on, the premise behind the storyline was going way south. (IMHO) But Sanctuary is a good substitute (for now)

Firefly was awesome and should not have gone away, but Castle is good too!

I think Fringe will go one more season before getting the axe myself. It's getting old quick as well (the storyline)

I lost Stargate but I got Game of Thrones now. House will be a let down when I run out of episodes to watch (only on season 5). Another show that is good but going the way of lame is The Big Bang Theory. It was really great until there was too much "need a gf" crap going on.

The thing about Terra Nova and Fallin Skies is they are story lines similar to that of Stargate, they take a few seasons to get spicy and interesting. The season finale of Terra Nova was very interesting and raises a CRAP TON of questions about the story and how everything works.

I mean, they find a rip in space-time, and think they actually went backwards to another time, during the dino age, but not backwards in their own time line. At the end of the season, they discover something from the 1500's that was in the time line they came from. This raises a question, did they actually travel into the future, after the human race had died out, yet some how, life started over once again, from the very basics. Or has that rift moved around opening up randomly dropping things into the past? How did the other side know the location of this ancient piece of ship wreckage that shouldn't have existed in the past? Sooo many questions, and it makes it interesting in my mind.

The issue comes down to, FOX likes American Idol every night of the week, and loves to throw in some Nascar on the normal network when they already have a Fox Sports channel. FOX won't stick with a sci-fi series, and SyFy has basically turned into MTV, nothing to do with Sci-Fi there at all anymore. Unless you think guys on steroids and soaked in oil is science fiction...

It's networks that create the shows that you still watch PP, they are just getting into a habit of not letting the writers of those shows know there wont be a next season while there is time to change the story to give it some closing. SGU got lucky, they knew they was most likely getting chopped off, and somewhat ended the series, while it's on a cliff hanger, it did "end". In a way...

I know but what I meant was, as I don't watch actual TV I don't know when shows actually get canned. I just assume nobody is uploading anymore. There are only a few shows like Stargate and House that I knew were canned but doesn't bother me much. Really when I run out of TV to watch the better. I have a bad habit of constantly eating when I watch something.

lexx was terrible lol, though i was not happy about stargare universe. especially as scifi (i refuse to use that ridiculous new logo) decided to promote and give sanctuary another season

Lexx WAS terrible, but it's one of those series that I just found amusing because of how crappy it WAS. They should have gotten rid of that stupid robot head, stupid thing killed the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom