The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
So most of you, if not all of you know that this graphic novel is being made into a TV show that I am pretty excited about. I want to read a few comics first and have some questions.

They have three different books. They have the single comics, then the hardcover "books" and then finally they have the compendium. I don't know which to get. I don't have a ton of money so I was thinking Book 1 but I don't want to get a cut up version of the individual comics as well.

Any ideas on the differences between the 3? Are there parts of the story that are cut out in the Book and compendium?

Been a HUGE fan of the comic for about a year now, the show is showing lots of promise. The last bit was different from the one in the comic as was the scene at the police station and just after where he is taking pop shots at the Zombies but other than that its close to the story.

The books are essential the comics but have the odd reworked art block or a few added cell's, worth buying.

I was going to buy the comic anyways, just trying to figure out which one I should buy. I think I will order books 1-4 off ebay as you can normally snag them for about $60. The author of the comic stated "I didn't want the series to follow exact so the people that have read the comics could surprised and look forward to something."

I will be ordering these books as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow.

Also, watched the season premiere last night. It was pretty sweet! Me and my dad are hardcore zombie fans so we shut the light off early for the trick or treaters so we wouldn't be disrupted.

So I have been watching the series (All two episodes) and I absolutely love it. I have read Book 1 and the "slight" differences from the series and book aren't really slight. It seems they are very very very different.

This is an issue for me! Rick's wife in the comic hooked up with his best friend (Shane) once and then regretted it. In the TV series she seems to have forgotten all about her Husband (Rick) and is banging Shane all the time! She even leaves here wedding ring and locket (I am assuming that he gave the locket to her and it contains them both) in the woods where her and Shane meet. I know the story will continue and I know the issue arises but I am anxious to see how she and rick deal with this as through out the series as it seems she is developing feelings for Shane. It is also very very different from the comics.

I feel terrible for Rick having such a ****ty wife. Good thing she dies later huh!

So yea.. Thoughts and opinions? Does anyone feel the same as me with Shane, Rick, and Ricks Wife(Why can't I think of her name?!)

From what I got from the commic was that she fancied shane for a long time and believing rick to be dead (last time she saw him he was in a hospital, in a coma, with a doubtful outcome) she decided what the **** but still get's emotional about her decision (betraying ricks memory) in the show they have made that a little more obvious. And yea some of the things they did where not exactly the same as the commic but from what I understand they are either done for story reasons (but OK'd with the books authors) or for story line set ups.

From my understanding they are going to kill of Ricks wife in the same way as the book but rick get's to keep his arm (unless the actor really takes to the part :evil:) and that they are going to kill off some one else a little bit later.

What I gathered from the comic was that ricks wife was lonley desperate for closeness and emotional and that's what sparked the one night stand. In the series though she blatantly doesn't want Rick anymore.. So be it her and her ***** child dies.. As long as Rick, Glenn, and the old guy (Allen?) lives.

The next episode the drama should go down between Rick Shane and Lori.. Hopefully it ends with Lori filled with regret and feeling like ****. I also want the son to find out and hate his mom. LOL this is Jersey Shore for geeks!! lol..

:devil:

From what I can see from the end of ep2 is they are doing a decent job while adding lead in's for new storys the camp is larger than the one in the comic and is more diverse, there is going to be a interesting story line from what I gather about the camp and people who decide to leave kicking off the main story.

Oh and two story lines a little ahead of what you might know I hope to god they keep in and that is the cannibal survivors (the way rick delt with that was brutal) and the one where Carl kill's another survivors kid but that might get cut for broadcast reasons.

OHH MAN! I haven't got to read anything past Book 1 yet! lol.. I will purchase Book 2 next time I get a 33% of borders coupon (makes the books cheaper then EBAY.)

Even though this season is only 6 episodes long, they are approved for a normal 12 episode season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom