Streaming movies, tv shows to tv

TrioxinCorp

Solid State Member
I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this,

I have a 50" Plasma tv ( non-smart)
chromcast
and a computer.

I am able to stream netflix to the chrome cast with little no no difficulty, yet when I try to cast a tab ( using google chrome) to the chrome cast, the option of casting entire tab is not aviable. and the video is choppy.

My goal is to disconnect my tv subscription and utilize the internet to watch all my shows, has any one done this and be able to have a good tv quality,

I know I can download each show after it airs and view it via usb slot on tv. yet I am unsure how to do this, it is for my parents I am trying to establish them to be able to watch thier favorite shows, and other media content utilizing thier living room tv.
Thanks

Try power cycling your router and reinstall the browser Cast plugin. I had slow issues casting tabs before until I upgraded to a beefier router, as well.

Sent from my HTC One

strollin,
thanks I will look in to the roku player, that or the netgear neotv. I am trying not to have my parents spend more money on devices.

Carnagex,
Yeah, I have the latest plug in for it. and a decent router, agian its the money which is the problem.
with streaming it is the fact I am not sure how to stream on just the device, it seems like some web pages give me the option others dont. with netflix, I can send the show just to the chromecast, every other site it plays the video on both web browser and device with creates a lag.

TrioxinCorp. I also reccomend the Roku 3, but I must warn you: The roku 3 does not come with a HDMI cable and you have to connect a valid credit/debit card to it at setup for it to work... I have seen the prices for it at Target in their electronics section and it is roughly about $ 100 USD, and I also tried out the roku for a while and since I didn't want to hand over my hard earned money to a company I already paid $ 100 USD's to them so I took it back but it is a good product and it is certified by CNET... See the company's Product list below....

www.roku.com/products

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

I am looking in to the roku, thanks.

Am also thinking of building a media center box to hook up to the tv, am nto sure but thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom