SGU - seed ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
SGU - seed ships.

Right I have just finished watching the last episode before the mid season break, now I know Telford and the Aliens where piloting the seed ship but:

Wouldn't it make sense that if the Destiny was attacked in a serious (i.e. more than it's automated defenses could hold off on its own) be able to recall the Seed ships to its assistance, they are after all half the size of destiny but have comparable weapons systems and shields, they are linked via sub space and this mission was VERY important to the Ainchents.

SGU - seed ships.

Right I have just finished watching the last episode before the mid season break, now I know Telford and the Aliens where piloting the seed ship but:

Wouldn't it make sense that if the Destiny was attacked in a serious (i.e. more than it's automated defenses could hold off on its own) be able to recall the Seed ships to its assistance, they are after all half the size of destiny but have comparable weapons systems and shields, they are linked via sub space and this mission was VERY important to the Ainchents.

I thought that would make sense too. In fact I thought that's what Telford's seed ship was doing until they showed that him and the aliens were piloting it.

The only obstacle I could see is the Seed ships may not be fast enough or close enough to assist Destiny hover they Ancients could have easily programed them to remain close enough to be useful.

Actually given how important Destiny's mission was I'm surprised the Ancients didn't send support ships with it, kind of like a modern carrier battle group. That way even in a worse case scenario the support ships could sacrifice themselves to allow Destiny to escape.

Well, I watched the final episode, and it is highly likely, Destiny can call for assistance for other seed ships to come by and help.

But here is the real question, they never ran into seed ships till this galaxy, so, that means Destiny has caught up with the seed ships, it what may be the last galaxy on the path.

I think it's highly possible that Destiny may infact call for help from the seeds, but, if they are damaged, then it's no go. It upsets me that they do these mid-season breaks as it hurts the ratings of a series, and I would love to see SGU at least last as long as Atlantis.

But, I would also like to know why Destiny stalled out and kept running a simulation, they only got the ship to continue forward because they bypassed what it was running, it's likely, Destiny saw these new aliens, and was trying to figure out a way of beating them, using the previous race as it hasn't encountered the new race?

We also must not forget the alien race that shot the pod from one galaxy to the other in a blink of an eye, they are watching that crew, and will potentially save the ship.
I wish they had more action like the rest few episodes for an entire season, people watch Stargate for the action and story, not the drama.

There are still large portions of Destiny that haven't been discovered, nor touched, so it's also possible, Destiny has some system that can create a time bubble (taken from stargate sg1 season 10) or a weapons system that can be enabled as a last resort to save the ship, but also leave it vulnerable till repaired. It would make sense if there are REPAIR ships floating around, or if the seed ships are capable of repairing destiny during battle.

Destiny stalled out because of rush ****ing with the drive systems, Desteny knew it's commander was doubting himself and tried to give him a puzzle to solve. Desteny so far has shown some basic intelligence, and it regards the crew as Ancients as they fit most of the criteria.

If I am being purely hypothetical, Destiny might have launched with support ships that over time have failed or been destroyed, but I believe the mission called for stealth till it became nessisary as the ships are all unmanned.

I am gonna rewatch the episodes around that, because I could have sworn rush or another scientist said they don't know why Destiny truely ran that simulation, nor who it wanted as head of the people, that it was just a fluke they got her to jump back into FTL at that particular moment.

Syfy has turned into garbage, it used to be true scifi, now, it's just rubbish, once this final half season ends, im done with that channel, no point in paying for it now either.

The audience is friday nights, all the rest of the week, those people watch other networks most likely, moving the show to a tuesday, was the cause of the drop, this was a great season IMO.

Hopefully, this will lead to a remake of farscape (a guy can only dream) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom