RIP Sir Roger Moore

MillField

Daemon Poster
Legendary James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore has died at the age of 89.

Sir Roger Moore, James Bond actor, dies aged 89 - BBC News

Without doubt my favourite Bond actor. Seven great movies he's left behind. A sad day for any Bond fan.

121383.jpg

Last edited:
OP has a link to his obit. at the bottom of that link is a list of his movies as Bond. But personally I like The Man with the Golden Gun and The Spy Who Loved Me the best.

I've only known Bond from Pierce Brosnan forward. Any recommendations for a good Roger Moore rendition?

Binge watch all the Bond movies in chronological order so you can experience them the same way the public did. There's only a couple of stinkers in the bunch so you will OK.

Moonraker was always a favorite, the book not the film ;). as for RM Bond movies I would say Live and Let Die, The Spy Who Loved Me, For your Eyes Only and A View to A Kill. (Not so much for RM but for Christopher Walken, Grace Jones and the epic zeppelin scene on the Golden Gate Bridge)

I enjoyed allot of Roger Moore's films, however Moonraker was not my favorite (this however was a Star Wars cash in and Cubby Broccoli's idea). He had a warm wit, charm and Charisma and if his leading ladies are to be believed he was a Gentleman and always had other people at the forefront of his mind ( which is to be seen in his work with UNICEF) He also was loyal to the Bond franchise for 30+ years still recounting his time as Bond fondly and engaging in and with fan days etc.

It also would be remiss of me not to mention North Sea Hijack (Ffolkes), which is not only a great movie but showcases Sir Roger's comic timing and self deprecating humor to a tee.

RIP Sir Roger, truly you were the spy loved by all, and thank you for always “Keeping the British End Up”

Jake

Back
Top Bottom