LED vs Plasma

I was talking in terms of electrical costs puddle, not purchase costs.
Not to defend the plasma or anything, but they are usually a few to 500 less than an equivalent sized LED screen because of their age. Pretty much negates electric costs at least for a year or 2. I can pretty much say that any gaming oriented computer will put off more heat than any screen besides a tube. My 465 puts off more heat than all 3 of my screens turned on at once.

Well the purchase has not been made, the purchase has been decided. These TV's will only be on tops an hour a day (unless there is company) and that one hour a day will be only ONE TV, so it really isn't a problem of heat. I don't even think they produce that much heat either.

A lot of those enthusiasts also have a lot of money to pay for that stuff.

Read the original post, money is not an object, and his electricity bill is factored into his rent in his apartment, so therefore he will be paying 1000 less.

My 2 cents about projectors..

Unless you can have a dedicated projector room, Projectors are not much good if you want decent black levels. Even if you can get your room pitch black, in high contrast scenes where there is a bright object against a black background, the black is ruined. Space scenes are a perfect example. Bright sun, black space. The bright sun lights up the whole room, reflects off the screen, and you get black's that arn't as good as 8 year old LCD sets. If however, you are not concerned about having good blacks in high contrast scenes, they are awesome.

Watching sport on a 120" screen is epic :D As is most TV. Films are of course great, too. It's just films like Star Wars where all but the best projector setups show their issues. That said, I use ours everyday - it produces a pretty accurate image, even if it isn't as vibrant as an LED LCD.

Back
Top Bottom