LED vs Plasma

Plasma to me is an "older" TV tech these days and I see them being sold for super cheap compared to LCD or LED. As was said, LED TVs are still LCD, just with a different backlighting.

My choice is with a nice super slim Samsung LED TV. Can't go wrong with those and they look brilliant in your home.

One question, if money is no object why not go 1080p projector?

Plasma to me is an "older" TV tech these days and I see them being sold for super cheap compared to LCD or LED. As was said, LED TVs are still LCD, just with a different backlighting.

My choice is with a nice super slim Samsung LED TV. Can't go wrong with those and they look brilliant in your home.

One question, if money is no object why not go 1080p projector?

He lives in an apartment, so space is an issue.

1080p projector uses less space than a tv if you think about it and do it right.... Can even get it so you can use the whole wall, but when ya sit down to watch something a screen comes down. But we are talking some serious cash at that point.

Okay, well lets not get into the screen projector, because it really isn't an option at this point. I went with him today, and he decided that he wants two plasma screens, despite negative comments about it almost everywhere. LED in mine and his opinion has a very unnatural picture and color, which is a bit of a turn off to him. The thing won't be dropped, weight isn't really a problem, and LED and plasma has all the same features to it, so it isn't really a difference. Although cost isn't a problem, nobody likes to spend an extra 1000 on something that they don't see a significant difference between, so he chose the plasma. Thank you guys for your opinions!!

1080p projector uses less space than a tv if you think about it and do it right.... Can even get it so you can use the whole wall, but when ya sit down to watch something a screen comes down. But we are talking some serious cash at that point.

Also need to have a good screen or good projector wall-paint for it to look good.

Okay, well lets not get into the screen projector, because it really isn't an option at this point. I went with him today, and he decided that he wants two plasma screens, despite negative comments about it almost everywhere. LED in mine and his opinion has a very unnatural picture and color, which is a bit of a turn off to him. The thing won't be dropped, weight isn't really a problem, and LED and plasma has all the same features to it, so it isn't really a difference. Although cost isn't a problem, nobody likes to spend an extra 1000 on something that they don't see a significant difference between, so he chose the plasma. Thank you guys for your opinions!!
Well since the purchase has been made, I'm going to derail a bit while staying on topic.

A good projector doesn't need good projector paint or a screen if you watch it in the dark or a dimly lit room. The POS I had at my place did great on white wallpaper which had some scruffs on it. Even looked good during the day for being a low lumens POS. People are so hard set on thinking you need all this extra junk when you don't need it. I don't know about anybody else, but when I sit down to watch a flick I don't have the power of the sun lighting my room as it's a distraction, I am also paying attention to what's being shown, not the wall. You can get a fairly decent 1080p projector for less than 1k these days and can spend about 100 or so on a roof mount. When you do this it takes virtually no space and you can make the screen as big as you want depending on throw or distance. A good projector can do a 90" screen at 10 feet. You can't get an HDTV that big for that price. Even if you have brown paint (like I do now) you can use a queen or king size white cotton sheet and it'll do the same thing that 200 dollar screen will do. Just a slight interjection there coming from experience. The projector I had was only 1024x768 but I had all my friends over every day literally because they thought playing Halo on 120" was cool as ****. Even at such low res the distance we sat made it seem unnoticeable.

Back
Top Bottom