Good Anime?

Roark

Lord of Bacon
So I've finished watching another Anime series and I'm not sure where to turn next.
This probably isn't complete, but as close as I can remember to what I've covered:

Series:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam Wing (+ Endless Waltz)
Cowboy Bebop
Dragonball (+ Z/GT)
Full Metal Alchemist
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2
Bleach (mixed episodes)
Afro Ninja (mixed episodes)
Outlaw Star (mixed episodes)
Trigun (mixed episodes)
One Piece (mixed episodes)
Lupin III (mixed episodes)
Samurai Champloo (mixed episodes)
The Big O (mixed episodes)

Movies:
Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Priness Mononoke
Ghost in the Shell
Perfect Blue
Final Fantasy (Ghosts Within + Advent Children)

Its fairly mixed between current day/futuristic/medieval and mech/martial arts/magic.
And you can probably tell the last 8 of the series were watched on CN/Toonami, just never bothered to finish them.

So, suggestions what to check out next?
Was considering Record of Lodoss War if anyone can give it a thumbs up/down.

heh... i used to work for animenfo.com

big anime fan naturally, depends what you're into but i'd recommend all the ghiblis if you like kids movies, spirited away is my favourite.

Witch Hunter Robin,
if you want a more adult themed time with robots, Texhnolyze is brilliant.
Shiguiru
gundams are all my favs,
FLCL, funny as balls only 6 eps long.
Eureka Seven, just dont watch the movie
Ergo Proxy (superb)
voices of a distant star, great OVA

heh... i used to work for animenfo.com

big anime fan naturally, depends what you're into but i'd recommend all the ghiblis if you like kids movies, spirited away is my favourite.

Witch Hunter Robin,
if you want a more adult themed time with robots, Texhnolyze is brilliant.
Shiguiru
gundams are all my favs,
FLCL, funny as balls only 6 eps long.
Eureka Seven, just dont watch the movie
Ergo Proxy (superb)
voices of a distant star, great OVA

Really you worked for them? That's pretty cool haha

aye, mostly the radio section though. good japanese music, added a ton of it myselg. legally ofc, we had licenses and everything.

big anime fan though, recently rewatching darker than black, akira, nausicaa of the walley of the wind ermmmmmmm fate/stay night

I would die to get ahold of some more anime, stuff isn't easy to find, and if you do, to get it legally is expensive. :(

What's up with the witch hunter robin? There was like one season, and it just died off, why didn't they continue the story? So many animes that leave so many questions at the end, I hate it, Evangelion made me go, "o.0 wtf just happened?" Never can figure out the ending.

aye, mostly the radio section though. good japanese music, added a ton of it myselg. legally ofc, we had licenses and everything.

big anime fan though, recently rewatching darker than black, akira, nausicaa of the walley of the wind ermmmmmmm fate/stay night

My brother doesn't like much anime, but he likes akira alot (though I haven't seen it yet...)

What's up with the witch hunter robin? There was like one season, and it just died off, why didn't they continue the story? So many animes that leave so many questions at the end, I hate it, Evangelion made me go, "o.0 wtf just happened?" Never can figure out the ending.

as with much art, its never appreciated at the time of its release. I dont know anyone who raved about evangelion back in the day, and anime was always around, my first VHS i brought was Battle Angel Alita, which was a 3 episode OVA.

It wasnt until broadband came along people really got into it, i'm talking 2003+ and by that time most animes were quite old, evangelion was about 5 years old. Hell, i used to watch gundam wing on cartoon network and that came out in '95 with all its cheesy europop themed music :p

i say that, GW is my favourite anime of all time. I was psyched that i got to kick some ass as duo maxwell in the deathscythe in the new dynasty warriors gundam game.

I try and buy as much anime as i can these days, but i do download from sub groups until they get licensed overseas. problem is, many suppliers are charging outrageous prices for it because they know its a niche market abroad with us gaijin

Akira is very good, basically post war rebuilt japan, setting NEO-TOKYO and tetsuo, a young biker gang thug gets experimented on when the military gets hold of him and he gets given mind powahs!

sounds daft, but its done pretty well for the 80s lol and the HD/bluray they put out really upscaled the original art and made it fantastic to watch

Claymore and Soul Eater are good, but I only use netflix for anime and the selections aren't that great. Full metal alchemist was neat, I only watched the first few episodes.

Edit - Ah, you mentioned FMA. The one downside to the android app, can't see your post and reply.

Back
Top Bottom