Geek Movies "Pirates of Silicon Valley"

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
This is with out a doubt a true geeks movie the story of how Steve Jobs and Bill Gates started and changed the computer industry and made a fortune every technology businessman's dream. Steve Jobs (Noah Wyle) a broke college kid who teams up with his best friend to make a personal computer to sell to make a few dollars ends up being the owner of a billion dollar company called Apple. Bill Gates (Anthony Michael Hall)a Harvard student reads a magazine article and decides to start a software company and licenses the product to big companies like IBM and HP. The movie was great told a true story and very entertaining the script and cast was great. Noah Wyle did a great Steve Jobs got him away from his usual Dr. Carter on ER role. Great movie a personal favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/v/lEyrivrjAuU?fs=1&hl=en_US

Saw it a while ago, pretty ok yeah but not something I'd watch over and over. Star Wars, Hackers, Stargate, etc. Now THOSE are geeky movies :p

I have been a huge fan of this film for years, OK some of it is inaccurate or exaggerated but the sceen at the end where jobs is showing off the 84 add and the guy points at big brother then at gates is 100% true, so is the bit where Gates walks into jobs house and screams "YOUR STEALING FROM US", and lots of the Woz stuff is 100% correct.

If you liked this listen to the audio book of iWoz.

Great movie, seen it many times. I wouldn't consider "hackers" a great geeky movie, it was too simplified--cookie monster and the gibson--ugh. I would include in great geek movies "takedown" and "freedom downtime", and "antitrust" should be mentioned

^yeah I know, Apok was saying Sneakers was better than Hackers. I refuted his argument by mentioning Angelina (thinking specifically of one particular scene :grin:)

I wouldn't consider "Freedom Downtime" as a "Geek Movie" as it was a documentary. Sure it was geek but it was still a documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom