Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing that's putting me off is that I'm not sure whether i will finish, the last time I read a book was years ago when I used to read a fair bit but now I haven't read for years.
The books are well worth the read, one of my favorite series.
Honestly though, I think I got half-way through the second book before I started skipping chapters.
The book chapters are defined by the character they follow, so I just started ignoring people like Sansa. Sorry if I didn't want to hear you whine about your wolf or how hot Joffrey is.

Well its much like the first book. it was all action, STUFF WENT DOWN.

now we're seeing that unfold. Its always like that with new series, it'll broaden out dont you worry. The acting is still topclass (minus one bean) and the set designs etc are still masterfully done.

and if they carry on following the books, trust me it gets better

The books are well worth the read, one of my favorite series.
Honestly though, I think I got half-way through the second book before I started skipping chapters.
The book chapters are defined by the character they follow, so I just started ignoring people like Sansa. Sorry if I didn't want to hear you whine about your wolf or how hot Joffrey is.

Lol. My friend is lending me the book tomorrow, I'll see what happens

So I finally sat down and watched the first season and the first 4 episodes of S2.
I haven't read the books for many years, but I must say they probably came pretty close to true.

The only things that bother me are the constant look of constipation on Cersei's face and the lack of detail given to somewhat minor characters (though understood).
Obviously there was much more detail in the books, but the show does an admirable job of trying to encompass the important bits.

So I finally sat down and watched the first season and the first 4 episodes of S2.
I haven't read the books for many years, but I must say they probably came pretty close to true.

The only things that bother me are the constant look of constipation on Cersei's face and the lack of detail given to somewhat minor characters (though understood).
Obviously there was much more detail in the books, but the show does an admirable job of trying to encompass the important bits.
I had a funny comment for this but don't want an infraction lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom