G4 cut by Direct TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well here goes a channel that is going downhill faster then celebrity marriages.

DirecTV drops G4, says it's 'among the lowest rated networks' | Joystiq

Bad news for the 18 million or so DirecTV subscribers out there: Your ability to watch reruns of Cops anytime you want isn't coming back. The satellite provider dropped the Comcast-owned (and Cops-heavy!) G4 channel last week and today confirmed that it's not interested in reconsidering that decision. "At this time we are no longer negotiating and we have no plans to put G4 back up," a DirecTV rep told EW.com. "But why?" you might be asking yourself out loud. Well, the rep has some choice words for the sometimes-video game-related channel. "Since G4 is among the lowest rated networks based on the latest Nielsen data, we decided that it made sense to focus on preserving programming that is more relevant to our larger customer base." Ouch!

For its part, G4 said in a statement, "We have been trying to engage DirecTV in fair and reasonable discussions to continue to carry G4. G4 offered DirecTV the same basic deal we have had for the past three years. However they still plan to drop the network and deny G4 fans the only network that focuses on the popular gaming lifestyle." This might be a little early, but we've already put a bid in on Sessler's soapbox on America's Auction Network ... which is actually a real channel that DirecTV still carries.

This doesn't effect me at all, but hopefully it sends a word to G4. Like perhaps this "GET COPS OFF THE ******* CHANNEL!" or perhaps "PLAYSOMETHING OTHER THEN X-PLAY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES". Olivia Munn has left AOTS thank god. But we still have the issue of AOTS and X-Play (two better shows which are becoming terrible) being the only two shows about video games or tech on the channel. I have already seen heroes and I HATE cops. Campus PD is retarded.

But it is what it is. If they got some good programming, or did what they did on Tech TV they might have something going for them. But Direct TV will be the first of many that will drop them until they pick there act up.

I had G4 awhile back, but got rid of it to save money, Dishnetwork once in awhile gives a few channels for free to customers for a month, and I had G4 earlier this year, needless to say, I watched it for one day, and said, WTF HAVE THEY DONE??!?!?!?!?! I actually liked Olivia Munn, though, she was stupid.

Odd in Canada we don't get cops at all, we get the office alot.... and munns not gone, she's filming a movie..

We get a real differenrt lineup as we don't get the after hours episodes.

I just watch the online stuff like Soapbox and Feedback.
I'd watch it every now and then when I had satellite, but like already said before...Cops, Cops and more Cops.
Never subscribed to the Canadian feed here on cable.

honestly G4 was a good idea but they have terrible producers. "Lets play reruns of cops and cheaters rather than have real tech shows."

When it was Tech TV it was good.. Munn is gone! she is like on the daily show or something paton. That is why she hosted AOTS once in the last 6 months. She could never top Sarah Lane anyway. Olivia is annoying as ****.

G4 is going downhill fast, and unless they get some of there own better programming. The ScreenSavers was awesome, AOTS is less awesome. X-Play is turning into something bad and that is all there is for "Gaming or Tech". The rest is really old movies, cops and cheaters. Way to cater to the drunk trash G4.

Which reminds me, I didn't know this until recently but, all the original tech tv and "The Screen Savers" cast is on twit.tv yay!

Yea, I think I caught G4TV right after the merger/take over. I remember watching a Halo tournament on one those channels YEARS ago.... It was epic, that is all I could remember.

Munn is still under contract with AOTS, and such is "still on" despite being a correspondant on the daily show.

Rumor mill at the g4 forum is g4 doesn't want to kill the contract... they pay out, and Munn is using it as a fall back spot... Her contracts up i guess in the Spring, so we'll see then.

Its hilarious as we get alot of crazy adult swim cartoons up here, and never cops or cheaters... aqnd the rare campus pd

Heres our lineup G4   |   G4 Shows   |   Games, Gear, Gadgets & Gigabytes and its got both Call for help, AND the lab!

Well I haven't seen Munn on AOTS since July... She doesn't want to be there. Alison Haislip does way better. Munn doesn't want to be there anymore, G4 needs to say stay or leave.

Our lineup consists of:

Cops, Campus PD, Movies that normally SUCK, AOTS, X-play, Web Soup, Ninja Warrior, Cheaters. When TechTV merged it started going downhill. If you haven't you need to check out twit.tv as its what Tech TV was.

SO MANY EPISODES OF COPS! lol either way, watch some of the Twit netcasts which can be downloaded through itunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom