Facebook Movie "The Social Network" Opens Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Just seen this... Pretty awesome. The movie by the end made Zuckerberg look like he repent what he did. But you never know and you won't ever know the truth with the worlds youngest billionaire (26)..

Another film / doco that is interesting it to watch is WE LIVE IN PUBLIC. It's the story of Josh Harris and how some of the his ideas back in the early 90's for broadcasting content online where just way ahead of it's time. Lot of the ideas he was working up to lead to things like Youtube and Facebook. Where he failed was that internet speeds where still not quite up there for streaming media.

I wish this social networking crap would die a death already.

It's has it's moments. Like some times social networking is great.
Eg.
- I managed to find some old friends online and I am hanging out with these guys.
- Keeping tabs on music groups that are not mainstream.
- Get to see what other people are into. Eg. I still question how Osiris has time to be on the computer as he's always seems to be fishing. And he seems to be really good at it too.
And there are other times where is just plain sux.
Eg.
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
And the number of times I see the drama unfold just because people are just too chicken$#!+ to say it their faces. And.....
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!
FARMVILLE REQUEST!

Viewed "The Social Network" Movie this weekend

I went and viewed The Social Network this weekend. This was the typical life story of a person or a company. I must say I was not truly impressed with the movie at all I found it very boarding. I have seen made for TV Movies like The Jackie Gleason Story or Bill Gates the man behind Windows more interesting. The way they flipped between scenes and made flash backs really made the movie hard to follow. The best part of the movie was the authenticity with phrases and screen shots. For a techie like myself this was great to see and hear. The keywords and screen shots of things like MySQL, Linux, Myspace and E-mail makes the movie fun for the techies. Overall I thought this movie was OK I being a business and web entrepreneur myself like movies of this fashion. Movies like this give you ideas and respect for companies. Respect for the work that goes into the company and the founders for there hard work and determination to achieve at there goals.

Re: Viewed "The Social Network" Movie this weekend

I could not muster up any respect for him after watching this movie... But I thought it was indeed good and easy to follow. There were a lot of "correct" terms in this movie. The fact he used jEdit and Emacs lol, (Spotted both on screen).

All in all, Mark sucks ;).

I thought it was a decent movie. The little tech quips and such that were mentioned I thought were nice bonuses because they actually did make sense, instead of "lol, imma hack this.... *Ctrl+F12+/+4* Ok, I'm in!" that we normally see in movies.

I could not muster up any respect for him after watching this movie... But I thought it was indeed good and easy to follow. There were a lot of "correct" terms in this movie. The fact he used jEdit and Emacs lol, (Spotted both on screen).

All in all, Mark sucks ;).

That's not exactly fair. Mark Zuckerberg had no input on this movie (and was in fact not pleased with it). It was not meant to be a documentary, so don't view it as such. It's simply meant to be based on a controversy that never had very many facts actually revealed.

With that being said, I thought it was phenomenal. Jesse Eisenberg should get a guaranteed Best Actor Oscar nominee. I thought he was superb, and I'm glad that he was in that role, rather than his more expensive version, Michael Cera. Great script by Sorkin and well executed. Wasn't bored for a minute.

I followed the cases pretty closely so my opinion is not based on a movie. My opinion is unchanged that Zuckerberg is a jerk..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom