Bluetooth Audio Controller - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2
Default Bluetooth Audio Controller

Hello guys,

Long story short... I'm truck driver and most of the time I use my laptop to play my favorite songs on the way. The problem is, that it's quite hard and definately not safe to play/stop/change the songs while driving.

So basically I came up with an idea of a small bluetooth enabled keypad (illuminated buttons would be great) with the basic player buttons on it (play/pause/stop/next/prev song), that I can mount on the dashboard infront of me. Can be powered by either battery or/and lighter plug.

I've been searching the net for days and found nothing like it

So, does anyone knows if there's such device or at least something simillar?

P.S.: I do have an IR remote control for PC/laptop that pretty much would do the job, but unfortunatelly it's not Winamp/AIMP3 compatible (unless I use it's "mouse" function, which is not an option).

Thanks in advance!
__________________

__________________
Vasileff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Chasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 40
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Hi!

What you're looking for is wireless, portable speakers that will connect to your laptop via bluetooth.

These are very common and can be found in any tech store, as well as online stores such as amazon or newegg.

Here is a link to one that I found.

Amazon.com: SANOXY® Portable Bluetooth Speaker for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Laptop, MP3 and more: Computers & Accessories
__________________

__________________
Chasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,569
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasee View Post
Hi!

What you're looking for is wireless, portable speakers that will connect to your laptop via bluetooth.

These are very common and can be found in any tech store, as well as online stores such as amazon or newegg.

Here is a link to one that I found.

Amazon.com: SANOXY® Portable Bluetooth Speaker for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Laptop, MP3 and more: Computers & Accessories
Doesn't sound like he wants speakers... he wants a BT remote control that's compatible with WinAMP.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knowitall!
 
strollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: N. Calif.
Posts: 646
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

I'm not aware of any such device that would act as a remote for WinAmp.

Why not get a stand alone music player something like this: SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Music/Audio Player with FM Radio Tuner
__________________
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Chasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 40
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Doesn't sound like he wants speakers... he wants a BT remote control that's compatible with WinAMP.
Most BT speakers come with a remote. It is hard to find one that isn't compatible with Windows.
__________________
Chasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,569
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

If you have an Android Smartphone:
https://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasee View Post
Most BT speakers come with a remote. It is hard to find one that isn't compatible with Windows.
The remote for speakers won't necessarily work with WinAMP. It would most likely just control volume for the speakers (which would require a separate power source, as well, which is a pain in a car especially when the laptop already has speakers).
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Chasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 40
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
If you have an Android Smartphone:
https://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp/



The remote for speakers won't necessarily work with WinAMP. It would most likely just control volume for the speakers (which would require a separate power source, as well, which is a pain in a car especially when the laptop already has speakers).
Well, assuming that the speakers are BT, and that the remote would be connected towards the speakers which are connected to the laptop, then technically the remote doesn't really need to be compatible with WinAMP, does it? Most portable speaker sets require batteries anyways.
__________________
Chasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,569
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasee View Post
Well, assuming that the speakers are BT, and that the remote would be connected towards the speakers which are connected to the laptop, then technically the remote doesn't really need to be compatible with WinAMP, does it? Most portable speaker sets require batteries anyways.
The speakers' remote control might not have media player controls (play/pause/next/previous/etc) compatible with WinAMP is what I'm getting at (and which is what the OP wants). The ones with remotes are usually geared towards mobile devices, with hooks that will work with the audio/music app on a smartphone/tablet. The BT remote for a PC would most likely hook into Windows Media Player rather than WinAMP.

That's why I posted the link to the WinAMP remote app for Android (if OP has an Android device).
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Chasee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 40
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
The speakers' remote control might not have media player controls (play/pause/next/previous/etc) compatible with WinAMP is what I'm getting at (and which is what the OP wants). The ones with remotes are usually geared towards mobile devices, with hooks that will work with the audio/music app on a smartphone/tablet. The BT remote for a PC would most likely hook into Windows Media Player rather than WinAMP.

That's why I posted the link to the WinAMP remote app for Android (if OP has an Android device).
Right, which is why I tried to find him one that DID have built-in controls. Most of the BT speaker sets on the market these days are geared towards mobile devices, that being said, it doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't be able to find one that isn't, fairly easily.

You're right that you would need to have a remote compatible with WinAMP IF the remote was being directly transmitted into the computer, as the OP said (totally misread what he was saying). But, for the sake of discussion, if the remote was attached towards the wireless BT speakers, that does not mean that the remote would have to be compatible, because the speakers would be. The remote just controls the speakers.
__________________
Chasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,569
Default Re: Bluetooth Audio Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasee View Post
But, for the sake of discussion, if the remote was attached towards the wireless BT speakers, that does not mean that the remote would have to be compatible, because the speakers would be. The remote just controls the speakers.
This is assuming the speakers are able to perform the media control functions through the remote. I.e., Remote sends signal to speakers to skip track -> Speakers send signal to skip track to OS -> OS sends signal to media player (with specific support for WinAMP since it's a 3rd party media player, rather than sending the signal/control function to WMP).

That's a lot to assume, I'd think. That being said, I don't keep up on wireless speakers so there very well could be something out there that can do this - but as fa as I've heard, there isn't.
__________________

__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First player controller won't vibrate on any game, but 2nd player's vibrates no matter what controller is used braz Microsoft XBox 2 03-01-2011 05:13 PM
Wireless audio with bluetooth dongle? spiney Computer Audio and Multimedia 1 12-04-2009 01:36 AM
PS3 Controller and Bluetooth on PC? Spit-wad Phones, Tablets, and other Handheld Devices 0 03-31-2009 12:17 AM
2nd Vista install going haywire - PCI controller / SM Bus Controller Demalii Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 5 06-28-2008 12:47 PM
Linux Bluetooth hackers hijack car audio Osiris Viruses, Spyware and Malware 0 08-02-2005 04:55 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.