Best video and audio settings for iPad Mini

Whiply

Solid State Member
[FONT=&quot]I had downloaded some funny mkv videos and want to play them with my iPad Mini. When I import my .mkv videos, it seems ipad mini can't accept mkv format. My friends suggest me try to use macx video converter to convert mkv to mp4 to play on ipad mini. But I do not know which audio parameters fit my ipad best? What audio parameters does ipad need and how could I adjust the parameters with this program? Thanks for your help.[/FONT]

Well, the reason I have videos in the mkv format in the first place, is for subtitles.
You can convert mkv to the accepted ipad video format (.m4v), but you lose the subtitles.
MKV essentially melds three formats into 1 (video, audio, subtitle). When converting mkv to anything else, all you are converting is the video and audio portion.

So when you convert from mkv to m4v (mpeg-4 video), the audio will be converting as well to m4a (mpeg-4 audio), ac3, or aac.

You can try this program if the mkv (video portion) is the hx264 format.
http://emmgunn.com/mp4tools/mp4toolshome.html

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion. I have found some support from the support forum of this software. Actually, the default video and audio setting provided by it would be ok for ipad, I failed to realize it when using it for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom