Battle: Los Angeles [spoiler alert]

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Tenk-

Baseband Member
Just got back from watching it... It was pretty good. I'd give it a 6/10. Reminded me alot of black hawk down and that kind of "war" movie. This one just had aliens...

Several things erk'd me a bit.

1) The aliens started out as practically omnipotent. One of the soldiers pumps a full clip into one and it falls into a pool. The thing pops back up again (in the typical, you think i'm dead but i'm gona pop up again, make everyone jump before you kill me... again) and another 3 soldiers pump another dozen bullets each into it. Then, they 'nade the thing for good measure. At the end of the movie, the soldiers are dropping them with one bullet and are practically omnipotent. The soldiers get nailed with all kinds of things that go boom but somehow seem to come through unscathed.

2) And this is the biggie.

The entire premise of the movie was these aliens had come to earth for our water...

Yep. Our water.

Sure, this seems thin, but whatever.

Later in the movie they have this newsclip and a professor is on there saying "they have come for our water... it is the only place that has it in liquid form".

Ok, these aliens have the tech to travel a few million light years, arrive on our doorstep undetected and then persecute world wide warfare on us. But they don't have the technology to turn either ice or steam into liquid water.

Hydrogen. Position 1 on the periodic table. Most common element in the universe. Oxygen. Number 16 if I remember my chemistry. Formed in most stars, so again, fairly bloody common.

There are entire asteroids out in space that are a majority water.

Just seemed really thin and stretched to me. They would have been better sticking to the 'we just wanna kill you" reason.

Anyway, just thought i'd post here where all us nerds can pick apart the movie :big_smile:

Maybe better thought as, earth is the only place with enough of it in liquid form already, and it's easier to take an entire planet instead of hundreds of space rocks.

They said that... But this is why its not smart:

1) You have to waste the fuel to fight a war against us
2) You have to waste fuel getting into and out of the atmosphere.
3) You could find a larger volume with less effort in space

Suppose, thats why they call 'em aliens. Doesn't make alot of sense.

Well, maybe they had an abundance of fuel, or could easily obtain it and just needed the water? It sorta sounds like the original V if ya ask me, might watch this movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom