Ubuntu Take 2 - I Think I'm Getting the Hang of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Source: Ubuntu Take 2 - I Think I'm Getting the Hang of Things

First the good news: My laptop finally has access to a working internet connection so the lack of connectivity is no longer a problem with me installing Ubuntu. Now, after last time's slightly rocky start, I decided to take things slow and devote more time to my second shot with Ubuntu. The biggest difference was that this time I used a Jaunty LiveCD. Hey, if a new release is out I might as well go with it.
Start-up was easy like before and the first thing I noticed was a different desktop. It's still brown but slightly plain. Speaking of desktops, I finally figured out that it's possible to change the background image. I didn't actually try it out. I'm keeping that for when I finally install Ubuntu.
Apart from the desktop, I played around with OpenOffice. I'm not a big MSOffice user. As long as it gets the job done, I'm open to pretty much any software. The next stop on the software list was the FastStone Image viewer. I wasn't all that impressed and I'm planning to use XnView once I make the switch. Ditto SMPlayer for my video needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom