Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 6

For all of you alternative OS types with a flare for adventure, Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 6 is out today. Before you run off and update, keep in mind that this is an alpha release, expect all the things that come with testing an early Ubuntu build and you'll be fine.

The Ubuntu developers are moving quickly to bring you the absolute latest and greatest software the Open Source Community has to offer. The Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 6 is the fifth alpha release of Ubuntu 9.04, bringing with it a number of new features to improve daily computing.

This was the first time I've ever ran an Alpha release. I'm very happy to say it's all around solid. Only ran into one small flash problem, which I've made a post about. What makes this even more impressive to me is that this is all on my older laptop, Acer Aspire 5100.

No joke, this thing was easier to set up and configure then Vista and XP were on my laptop. Installed it and it immediately detected my broadcom wireless card and had the driver for it, right out of the box. Amazing. I love Ubuntu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom