Mange your Kindle in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Mange your Kindle in Linux

I've owned a Kindle 2 for nearly a year now. I have to say I do love it and am not impressed with the iPad's ability to allow the user to read books. Why? The Kindle doesn't offer distractions and I can happily sit by and and read as long as I like with no eye strain and no distractions. But I have to say the Kindle storefront search is pretty bad. I almost always would rather shop from my computer. And as far as adding books – well, you can drag and drop them into the Kindle content folder – which is fairly simple. But what if you want to manage those books on your computer? Believe it or not you can do this with Clibre. You can manage your books, edit their metadata, even convert them to other formats (if said book is DRM-free).
In this article I will show you how to install and use Calibre to manage your Kindle book reader. NOTE: I have written about Clibre before (but only covered managing books in the Sony ebook reader). See my article “Manage Sony Reader in Linux” for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom