Linux Anti-Virus Software

DeadIntermediate

Solid State Member
I remember attending a community college. Before we can stick our USB Drives to their computers to open our documents, we have to stick our USB drive to one computer (I remember it was like an old computer maybe 90's computer) and it was like a DOS like theme, took up the entire screen, and hit like enter a couple of times or something like that and it would scan our USB drives for any virus and than once it's done it's scan, we can up plug it and be on our way to stick the USB into their system and do our school work.

I was hoping I can find something like this, so I can do this for my class that I am attending for my school.

I am willing to accept any ideas, app, programs that would work similar to this.

You could get Herins boot CD comes with with many different tools. Plug drives into the PC thats running it and you can scan, diagnose, repair or test with any of the tools.

Tools include:
  • Anti-virus
  • Backup
  • BIOS/CMOS
  • Browsers & File Managers
  • Cleaners
  • Device Drivers
  • Editors / Viewers
  • Filesystem
  • HDD
  • MBR
  • MSDOS
  • Networking
  • Optimizers
  • Partitioning
  • Passwords / Keys
  • Data recovery
  • Registery
  • Remote control
  • Security

Its not linux based though, it actually has a flavor of XP called Mini-XP.

Last edited:
You could get Herins boot CD comes with with many different tools. Plug drives into the PC thats running it and you can scan, diagnose, repair or test with any of the tools.

Tools include:
  • Anti-virus
  • Backup
  • BIOS/CMOS
  • Browsers & File Managers
  • Cleaners
  • Device Drivers
  • Editors / Viewers
  • Filesystem
  • HDD
  • MBR
  • MSDOS
  • Networking
  • Optimizers
  • Partitioning
  • Passwords / Keys
  • Data recovery
  • Registery
  • Remote control
  • Security

Its not linux based though, it actually has a flavor of XP called Mini-XP.
Haven't used Hiren's in years; good stuff on it though.

It still updates AV definitions for malwarebytes. Its been a life saver for data and password recovery as well. It might be old but it still works.

It still updates AV definitions for malwarebytes. Its been a life saver for data and password recovery as well. It might be old but it still works.

I have a Partition Magic LiveCD for data and NTOffline Password Editor for passwords :p.

Back
Top Bottom