Leafpad: Yet another Linux text editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Leafpad: Yet another Linux text editor

In my most recent series of articles I have been highlighting different Linux text editors. Why? Because a lot of users hate using text based editors. Although a big fan of the text-based editor (I like the simplicity and the speed), I can see where a solid GUI tool would be far more appealing to many users than the text-based editor.
So far I have covered Gedit (see “Gedit: No more text-based editor for you“) and Kate (see “Hello Kate, goodbye vi“). Both are solid entries in the text editor space. But they are certainly not the only tool in the toolbox. Today I will illustrate yet another GUI Linux editor, this time around – Leafpad. Leafpad is a GTK+ editor that focuses on simplicity. And when I say simplicity, I mean simplicity. So much so that you would swear you were just using a text-based editor with a few built-in drop-down menus. But why would you want to use a tool that is so close to the “original” that you might as well be using said original (original being the text-based editor). Let's find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom