Install and use Ubuntu One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Install and use Ubuntu One

Recently I previewed the up and coming release of Ubuntu, Karmic Koala (”Ubuntu Karmic Koala Preview“.) In that article I covered some of the new features in the upcoming release. Once of those features is the new Ubuntu One. Ubuntu One is much like the familar DropBox that people of nearly all platforms enjoy. Ubuntu One allows you to share and sync files between Ubuntu desktops. But don't think you have to wait until 9.10 is released to enjoy Ubuntu One. If you are enjoying a 9.04 release, you can certainly take advantage of this outstanding service.
Much like DropBox, with Ubuntu One you do have to sign up for a service. And, as I mentioned in the previous article, Ubuntu One has two levels:
  • Free: The free account offers 2 Gigs of storage space.
  • Paid: The paid account offers you 50 Gigs of storage space for $10.00 USD per month.
Once you have signed up with an account, you can then install the client, and finally enjoy all the syncing between Ubuntu computers you need. In this article you will see just how to install the client and begin using Ubuntu One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom