Install Prism on Linux for easy to use web apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Install Prism on Linux for easy to use web apps

If you are a web junkie, or depend upon various web sites and services daily you know how quickly your browser can fill up with tabs. Wouldn't it be nice if you can just use small web apps for these needs? And since that seems to be the way the computing is evolving, it only makes sense that even your every day tools migrate to – as much as it pains me to say it – Cloud Computing. Although I have been against cloud computing since back in the days of thin clients, I am starting to see the value of these tools.
Thanks to the Mozilla Labs there is Prism. Prism is unlike other proprietary solutions like Silverlight. Prism is basically a way to split web apps from the browser and run them directly on the desktop. Although not always as small as, say, a Google Gadget, Prism tools are far more functional and do not strip features from the tools you use. For example, if you are using the Prism Google Document tool, you will have a fully functioned instance of whatever app you are using. In this tutorial you will learn how to install Prism and some of the apps as well as configure shortcuts for your menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom