Create rsync backups easily with the help of Gadmin-rsync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Create rsync backups easily with the help of Gadmin-rsync

Recently I covered one of the Gadmintools, Gadmin-Samba (see my article “Configure Samba with Gadmin-samba“). The Gadmintools set of tools is a set of GUI administration tools (hence the name “Gadmin”) for the Linux operating system that takes often-complex tasks and makes them far easier.
One of those tasks is backing up with Rsync. Of course you can set up rsync by hand (see my article “Backup your Linux box with rsync“), but for many new users, having to edit configuration files or run lengthy commands is simply not an option to be explored. That is where a good GUI will go a long way. Gadmin-rsync is just that – a good GUI that takes all of the hassle out of backing up with the classic rsync command. With this handy GUI you can set up rsync for local, local-to-remote, or remote-to-local backups. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to install and use Gadmin-rsync to set up and run a local-to-remote backup. This backup will be to and from Linux boxes. This tutorial will assume you have access to the remote box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom