Add a Pandora Screenlet to your Linux desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Add a Pandora Screenlet to your Linux desktop

If you haven't experienced Pandora radio you don't know what you're missing. Pandora can stream music to your web browser specifically tuned to your tastes. Imagine having that ability right on your desktop – always at your fingertips? Pretty cool eh? Well as of now there is no stand alone Pandora client for Linux nor is there a plugin for either Rhythmbox or Banshee. You can listen to Pandora through a Songbird plugin. But with the issues surrounding Songbird and Gstream conflicts, installing Songbird can be a nightmare. So…what about that ever-elusive stand-alone application? Is it possible with Pandora? Why yes it is…thanks to Screenlets (for more information Screenlets, see my article “Add Screenlets to make your Linux desktop more useful“).
So in this article I am going to show you how to install the Pandora Screenlet so you can stream pandora radio to your Linux desktop. I will warn you, however, that the Pandora Screenlet is very much in beta (currently in release 0.1.01), so you use it at your own risk. But don't worry, using a beta version of Pandora Screenlet will not steal your soul or your data. It might act a bit buggy at times though. You've been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom