Zen Sleek Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Ipod 4th gen 20GB. It is much simpler to use especially since I use Itunes. Whoever thinks Itunes is a bad program, they obviously don't know how to use it.

The itunes music Library is awesome, it is so easy to manage my songs, and I can find one specific song in my playlist of 1500 in less than 3 seconds. When I plug in my ipod, iTunes updates my iPod automatically including the podcast downloads I subscribe to.

As for the firmwire of the ipod, I am using both the stock apple firmwire and linux.

If you use winamp this would be totally different, you would already be used to manually moving your music everywhere. You'll have to spend all that extra time managing your song files. So I guess spending your money on something thats nothing more than a USB Flash drive that plays mp3s is fine for you.

RockyZ said:
I have a Ipod 4th gen 20GB. It is much simpler to use especially since I use Itunes. Whoever thinks Itunes is a bad program, they obviously don't know how to use it.

The itunes music Library is awesome, it is so easy to manage my songs, and I can find one specific song in my playlist of 1500 in less than 3 seconds. When I plug in my ipod, iTunes updates my iPod automatically including the podcast downloads I subscribe to.

As for the firmwire of the ipod, I am using both the stock apple firmwire and linux.

If you use winamp this would be totally different, you would already be used to manually moving your music everywhere. You'll have to spend all that extra time managing your song files. So I guess spending your money on something thats nothing more than a USB Flash drive that plays mp3s is fine for you.

and for everybody who claim that you can't do a simple drag and drop with the ipod from within windows, you can if you get anapod explorer

Well, there's a few reasons I am glad I bought a Creative:

1) I really don't want to pay that kind of money for an iPod (check my previous post).
2) I prefer to drag and drop. I have an extensive music collection (35GB+) and some I don't listen to anymore. Or I have stuff that my friends have put on my hard drive for when they're over. I feel like I have more control when I can drag and drop the songs I want onto the player.
3) I am not a fan of iTunes. I have used it and it's not for me. I don't like using programs to manage my music. I have it on my hard drive the way I like it. I use playlists for WinAmp, thats about it. I don't use music libraries.

I completely agree with what turtile said earlier. "iPods are just popular". That's so true it's not funny.

iPods aren't for me.

EricB said:
I'm what you called an audiophile listener. you don't know what you are talking about when you say that creative sound better than an ipod. ipods has flatter frequency response, higher output at 1 percent distortion. creative have a slight edge in crosstalk and that's it

and yes it is better when i have 40 gig of storage in my car for quick access and the text is showing

You must not understand, people think that "BASS BOOST" and "U SHAPED EQUILIZER" are quality sound.

So really, you just told these no-nothings that iPods sound like trash.

Edit: cleaned up for grammar, lol.

AnthraX said:
Well, there's a few reasons I am glad I bought a Creative:

1) I really don't want to pay that kind of money for an iPod (check my previous post).
2) I prefer to drag and drop. I have an extensive music collection (35GB+) and some I don't listen to anymore. Or I have stuff that my friends have put on my hard drive for when they're over. I feel like I have more control when I can drag and drop the songs I want onto the player.
3) I am not a fan of iTunes. I have used it and it's not for me. I don't like using programs to manage my music. I have it on my hard drive the way I like it. I use playlists for WinAmp, thats about it. I don't use music libraries.

I completely agree with what turtile said earlier. "iPods are just popular". That's so true it's not funny.

iPods aren't for me.

1.ananop explorer is better than nomad explorer
2.winamp has an ipod plugin
3. the reason the I bought my first ipod was i could get a 40 gig hdd for the car for less than 1,000 buck. which is what they use to cost. every good deck out there has a direct hookup to an ipod. there isn't one one for a creative player

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J9GweC28zXw/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=227550&avf=N&search=ipod

4. ipod made creative more popular becuase it is so popular.

you guys came on here dissing ipods with the crappy comments. when the simple fact is, you just PREFER creative. they aren't better

creative have been crying for year that ipod stole their patents, but the simple fact is

the creative player wasn't the one that took the world by storm

The General said:
You must not understand, telling them all these technical things, which really make sense to me and I am agreeing with you, but people think that "BASS BOOST" and "U SHAPED EQUILIZER" are quality sound.

So really, you just told these no-nothings that iPods sound like trash.

LOL. that is so true

EricB said:
1.ananop explorer is better than nomad explorer
2.winamp has an ipod plugin
3. the reason the I bought my first ipod was i could get a 40 gig hdd for the car for less than 1,000 buck. which is what they use to cost. every good deck out there has a direct hookup to an ipod. there isn't one one for a creative player

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J9GweC28zXw/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=227550&avf=N&search=ipod

4. ipod made creative more popular becuase it is so popular.

you guys came on here dissing ipods with the crappy comments. when the simple fact is, you just PREFER creative. they aren't better

creative have been crying for year that ipod stole their patents, but the simple fact is

the creative player wasn't the one that took the world by storm

I'm sorry that you had to take my comments as "dissing" the iPods.

You also failed to counter the problems I ran into with the prices. The MAIN reason I chose Creative was the price. For $200 I got so much more from Creative.

For you, iPods were great because of the car hookup. For me, however, I don't have that great of a sound system in my car, nor do I care for crystal clear sound quality in the car because it's always muffled by the sounds of the road. I am completely fine plugging a cable in from the headphone port in my player to my stereo in my car.

On a side note. I don't know if anyone had seen this before, but I thought it was really funny. http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2006/01/atech_ilounge_t.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom