Zen Sleek Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used those Creative Zen's, and they're really nice. They're cheaper than the crappy IPOD, have better color quality, and really easy-to-use software. A really good deal, the only drawback is storage size. The IPOD has 60GB for photos.

$200 = 20GB Creative Zen Sleek
$400 = 60GB iPod

I will probably use about 15GB. If it plays videos, then probably 20GB. My point is that iPods are stupid. But, thanks for the comment about the Zen. Anyone else?

wow........

stop h8ting.

I just bought a server off somebody last week. I got him to throw a 40 gig zen jukebox in with the deal. it's a joke. it a pain in the arse to configure (I still haven't found the option to erase all of the song at once), all Ipods has a setting to restore it to it's factory fresh condition. it called the ipod updater. shoot, you can right click an ipod in windows and select format and it will do the same thing

it has a horrible interface and, oh guess what? I can't directly connect it to my eclipse or my wife's alpine car cd players (like I can my 3 ipods).

I gave the crappy zen to my 13 year old son. let him figure it out

Edit. it doesn't recognize playlists either

The ipod is crappy? wow......

yea... i've had my ipod for 2 years now... never had a problem.

Its the morons who drop them that are crappy/stupid. Of course if you drop a hard drive while its running it will break.

I ask everyone who says iPods are crappy "Why?" and they say "They just are". Oh ok... 25 hours battery life (on mine... i trained my battery quite well... all features enabled too), tons of 3rd party accessories/software, and more space than most other players.

Crappy indeed. My shoe

Has any of you even owned an iPod?

"NO... they're crappy"

Right.

Why should it need any software at all?

USB Mass Storage compliance is far better than stupid crap "easy-to-use" software that isn't available for all OS's.

I've had an iPod Mini, iPod photo and iPod video, each of them served me well, but I was watching videos and needed a bigger screen.

Honestly, the iPod was better quality than my Cowon, but since it lacks screen size and video compatibility, I'll stick with my Cowon A2, which plays almost every video I put on it. :)

For $200, what would a good iPod option be then? The only new ones I can find for that kind of money were the nano and the shuffle. They hold very little and that turns me away. If I had $100 or $200 extra to spend, I MIGHT have thought about a regular iPod 30GB or 60GB.

Also, the only iPod that I've liked the feel of, is the Mini. Which is now discontinued (and was short of storage).

The Creative is much better. Sound Quality/Battery/Video... (I've seen a Creative playing music while someone fell in the pool and it still worked like nothing happened when it was out of the water - did not get any damage)

iPod are just popular. If you think its better because it can connect to your car deck then you don't understand marketing.

iPods have a special kind of battery to fit in with the iPod design that have less power and die quickly.

turtile said:
The Creative is much better. Sound Quality/Battery/Video... (I've seen a Creative playing music while someone fell in the pool and it still worked like nothing happened when it was out of the water - did not get any damage)

iPod are just popular. If you think its better because it can connect to your car deck then you don't understand marketing.

iPods have a special kind of battery to fit in with the iPod design that have less power and die quickly.

I'm what you called an audiophile listener. you don't know what you are talking about when you say that creative sound better than an ipod. ipods has flatter frequency response, higher output at 1 percent distortion. creative have a slight edge in crosstalk and that's it

and yes it is better when i have 40 gig of storage in my car for quick access and the text is showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom