Zen or IPod

Status
Not open for further replies.
some people say "you have to use Itunes" like that's a really bad thing.
seriously, why is Itunes so bad?
I don't have an Ipod, but I use Itunes, and like it.

id go with ipod, theyre amazing. all new ipods are colour screens only now(photos) and theres 20 and 60 gig models, so its much better because u can hold pic in it, the hard drive size is much bigger, the sound quality is better(IMO), and the look is nicer too.

Zen:
1. Pros
-excellent sound quality

-cheaper

-very long battery

-intuitive menus and good scrolling systen (The touchpad is not as hard as it looks)

-no break between songs. this is good for albums that have songs that fade into each other

-you don't have to pay 50 freakin bucks for an additional phone call from tech support like you have to on Apple. Apple is very money hungry and people are stupid and will pay extraordinary amounts of money for stupid things from Apple. I'm not ranting against the iPod, just the Apple customer service.

-the player has separate volume controls. I prefer this over volume integration in the iPod's click wheel.

2. Cons
-bulkier (not a big deal - where do you think they put the battery?)

-much harder to synchronize (stick with the media source they give you with the player. the media source works well but other programs have crapped out when trying to synchronize)

-no dock. it has a simple cable. separate cables for usb and power. no biggie.

-not nearly as many accessories as the iPod.

Ankush09 said:
id go with ipod, theyre amazing. all new ipods are colour screens only now(photos) and theres 20 and 60 gig models, so its much better because u can hold pic in it, the hard drive size is much bigger, the sound quality is better(IMO), and the look is nicer too.

tell me have you actually listened to both?

why is it on the head-fi forum that they, who are audiophiles, pick the creatives over the ipods?

so he should buy the ipod cuz he can "hold pic in it"

id also look at iriver
B0007LC49M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

iaudio x5
cowon_iaudiox560gb_schwarz_1.jpg

and the sony vaio pocket which is 40gb and can be found for 230 dollars
Sony-Vaio-pocket.gif

these players are much nicer than ipod

all color screens and can "hold pic in it" and the iaudio can play video

and most importantly they are better sounding

Echo_ said:
tell me have you actually listened to both?

why is it on the head-fi forum that they, who are audiophiles, pick the creatives over the ipods?

so he should buy the ipod cuz he can "hold pic in it"

id also look at iriver
B0007LC49M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

iaudio x5
cowon_iaudiox560gb_schwarz_1.jpg

and the sony vaio pocket which is 40gb and can be found for 230 dollars
Sony-Vaio-pocket.gif

these players are much nicer than ipod

all color screens and can "hold pic in it" and the iaudio can play video

and most importantly they are better sounding

I'm an audiophile and I like ipod.

I don't use the headphones and I rip at 320 kbps and apple lossless for my very favorite songs

I have an alpine interface in which the input is through alpine ai-net technology (digital) through my focals, vifa and hi vi research (audiophile) and kove armageddon speakers

I also have electrastatic headphones that I use to listen to it.
My Headphones
StaxHeadphones.jpg

My car stereo Ericb

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=389289#post389289

I'm ghetto, so I use the RCA Lyra. Can't go wrong with $70.00, well that was the price of it when it was on sale. But hey, it's good enough. It holds 4 hours of music without a Memory Stick, but with the other memory stick I bought I got another 4 hours, so it's 8. I think you can get it to hold 20 or more hours. I don't like the Ipod's they're all big and clunky, and if you drop it. It's the end of the world for your wallet. But with the Lyra, it weighs nothing, when it drops or falls rather, it doesn't even hit hard, unless you drop it off a huge ledge but otherwise I don't find any problems with it. Besides if you buy and IPod someone is going to "bust a cap." If you haven't heard the news people are shooting eachother over IPods. How childish and plain stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom