Not open for further replies.
drumerdudeman said:
every ipod owner will say ipod

yeah the ipod is very good but that doesnt mean anything else isnt

the zen will be easier to sync with, the ipod can only use itunes

the zen is cheaper

the zen probably has more features, the ipod really doesnt have very many

go with the zen

I never cared much about any of them. one day I was in the car audio shop about to buy an alpine mp3 cd changer (329.00) so I would have 4.9 gig of music in my car (I had a regular cd changer). the guy off handly mention that I would be better off buying an ipod up the street at comp usa (40 gigs $299.00) and an alpine ipod interface ($99.00) from them, so I could have 40 gigs of music in my car even though that costs him 230 dollars in a sale. I did it.

none of the other players support car audio. I know the sony, alpine, pioneer and kenwood have ipod interfaces. So guess which one that I like?

I have like 7200 songs on it and 1400 pictures

Crysalis said:
get the new mini. I have one... i last recorded 24 hours of battery life WITH EQ and with backlight. i have the 4 gig and can't fill it. I suggest getting the 6gb to be safe.

If you take care of it, it will last forever. I have had mine for 5-6 months now and never had a problem with it. Battery life is awesome

thats bullcrap cuz i can only get 22-24 with no backlit and no eq so your lying no way with backlit

EricB said:
I never cared much about any of them. one day I was in the car audio shop about to buy an alpine mp3 cd changer (329.00) so I would have 4.9 gig of music in my car (I had a regular cd changer). the guy off handly mention that I would be better off buying an ipod up the street at comp usa (40 gigs $299.00) and an alpine ipod interface ($99.00) from them, so I could have 40 gigs of music in my car even though that costs him 230 dollars in a sale. I did it.

none of the other players support car audio. I know the sony, alpine, pioneer and kenwood have ipod interfaces. So guess which one that I like?

I have like 7200 songs on it and 1400 pictures

have you ever watched pimp my ride? they hook up creative players to cars all the time.

now zen vs. ipod

zens willl have a more exciting sound and a better eq. also most of them except the neeon have a user replaceable battery which is a plus (the batteries are also 30 bucks i think).

the ipod is a very very vanilla player. The eq is a joke.

id go for the zen

this is coming from a ipod mini owner

edit: why not check out irivers or cowon iaudio x5 which are also very good esp if you use a treefile for your music.

the iaudio x5 is considered one of the best mp3 players on the market by the head-fi community. the irivers are very good as well
they both have color screen as well and the sound quality is just as good as creatives if not better.

also sonys are good to as long as your files are in mp3 format and you dont have a problem with sonicstage. also most of the sonys have anywhere from 20 hours battery life to 40 hours and these are on 20gig units where apples is like 13 hours.

Echo_ said:
have you ever watched pimp my ride? they hook up creative players to cars all the time.

not that I care one way or the other about the ipod-zen wars, but the last time I checked pimp my ride was a show about Modified Vehicles

Ipod works straigth out the box. you can read all of the names and access it like it was a cd changer.

also Last time that I check if it wasn't for Ipod, there would be no Zen. And I'm a bais guy. I don't care which one is better. I like the fact that I can access mines in a car

EricB said:
not that I care one way or the other about the ipod-zen wars, but the last time I checked pimp my ride was a show about Modified Vehicles

Ipod works straigth out the box. you can read all of the names and access it like it was a cd changer.

also Last time that I check if it wasn't for Ipod, there would be no Zen. And I'm a bais guy. I don't care which one is better. I like the fact that I can access mines in a car

last time i checked if it wasnt for rio there wouldnt be an ipod

theres tons of ways of hooking ANY mp3 player to a car because the ipod is popular (read popular not nec the best) of course it is goin to be easier to hook up since there are tons of accesories

Echo_ said:
last time i checked if it wasnt for rio there wouldnt be an ipod

theres tons of ways of hooking ANY mp3 player to a car because the ipod is popular (read popular not nec the best) of course it is goin to be easier to hook up since there are tons of accesories

you must have missed the interfaced part.
you don't know anything about your history. Ipod was the game. because of it's success, you now have a lot of pretenders, um I mean contenders

guess what? you like zen. I like Ipod. who cares?

EricB said:
you don't know anything about your history. Ipod was the game. because of it's success, you now have a lot of pretenders, um I mean contenders

[/QUOTE

First Hard Drive player

Credit for this goes to Compaq's Systems Research Center and the Palo Alto Advanced Development group--essentially a bunch of engineers from Compaq's acquisition of DEC (Digital Equipment Corp.) who realized that hard drives could replace flash memory in MP3 players and enable them to hold far more music. When I reviewed the MP3 player these groups created (the Hango/Remote Solutions Personal Jukebox PJB-100), I was blown away by the then-unheard-of 6GB capacity, crystal-clear sound, and ample display]

Echo_ said:
EricB said:

[/QUOTE

First Hard Drive player

Credit for this goes to Compaq's Systems Research Center and the Palo Alto Advanced Development group--essentially a bunch of engineers from Compaq's acquisition of DEC (Digital Equipment Corp.) who realized that hard drives could replace flash memory in MP3 players and enable them to hold far more music. When I reviewed the MP3 player these groups created (the Hango/Remote Solutions Personal Jukebox PJB-100), I was blown away by the then-unheard-of 6GB capacity, crystal-clear sound, and ample display]

you keep missing points.
1. I don't care.
2. show me where I said they were the first company to make the product. I said they were the game, meaning they owned the market

go Creative with out seconds toughts... Ipods suck, they have tons of problems... trust me

-after 2 years, your battery fails, and it's crappy cuz the battery is not removable like the zen
-after 3 years, your HD fails, and that just sucks...
-crappy cuz it doesn't have an OFF button, so if it freeses, you are screwed, you have to wait till the battery ends... happened to some ppl
-bettery life sucks compared to the Zen
-sometimes the wheel decides to be a biotch, and won't respond anymore, and it's he!! of annoying

"Get Creative!"

Lasrix said:
which one should i purchase and why?

any other suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers-

One of my friends has a zen and another has an I-Pod. I say if you can shell the money out get an I-Pod, especially if you have MAC or iTunes (which iTunes is required I guess). However I have heard great things about the Zen, it also is cheaper and holds an insane amount of music like the I-Pod.

-crappy cuz it doesn't have an OFF button, so if it freeses, you are screwed, you have to wait till the battery ends... happened to some ppl

there is a way to reset the ipod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom