Z5500 Speaker Excursion

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha seriously dont worry about it... ive had the logitech z-5500 system for quite a while now 2 years i believe and i crank it up every day before the rents come home from work so its doin fine after 2 years i think its safe to say it wont do any damage

K M A N said:
Yes i dont think you know the excursion your on about, not the holiday trip kind.

I'm assuming this jumbled mal-formed form of an English sentence is saying that I don't know what I'm talking about.

prolly worst thread i've seen lately

Number one. 5500's dont have tweeters.

Number two. You can't see excursion on TWEETERS with the naked human eye

Number three. Unless the cone is rubbing, excursion is good. That is what is creating the sound; the cone pushing molecules creating vibrations that are picked up by your ear drums.

Crysalis said:
prolly worst thread i've seen lately

Number one. 5500's dont have tweeters.

Number two. You can't see excursion on TWEETERS with the naked human eye

Number three. Unless the cone is rubbing, excursion is good. That is what is creating the sound; the cone pushing molecules creating vibrations that are picked up by your ear drums.

k number one. chill out he is from england. he may get words mixed up just be a little patient with him.

number two. im sure he knows that excursion is "good" but when talking about excursion most people think of subwoofers right away. he wasn't sure if the satellite speaker making excursion was good.

number three. explain to me what you mean by cone is rubbing? i dont see how a cone can rub agaisn't anything... the only way excursion can be bad is if it is bottoming out(which has to do with the voice coil and magnet nothing to do with the cone) or youre playing distorted music loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom