z-5500 VS Gigaworks S700

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, well im thinking of replacing my panasonic home theater system with either of these, the reason i will explain futher on.

Ok, so its down to these 2 i think. Logitech has very good rep, as does creative on certain of their products. The logitech have a 33hz-20khz hz range vs the 25hz-40khz of the creative. Creative sub is 210 watt vs 188 of logitech. Satillites are 70 watts each, logitechs are 62/69 front. creative one has no built decoder, tahts no problem tho, logitech has one. price is same. i know they are both real good systems, but i would like to know what u guys think.

Reason why i wana change.. simple, my system doesnt compare to these. my range is 120hz-20khz. Base isnt good quality, it clips. i dont get true surround. Mids arnt the best.

my sound card is audigy 2 zs plat, so that wont be prob.

Thanks for any help.

Personally, I would go with the Logitechs. I've seen nothing but countless rave reviews of them. You really shouldn't take into consideration the wattage of the two systems (especially since it's so close anyway) unless you are looking to either save or waste more money on electricity (a negligible amount in either case).

Honestly I've never even read a review of the S700's. Every reputable source I see though seems to have the z-5500's as their 5.1 speakers of choice. If they really are both very comparable in performance though, I would say pick whichever one has the most visual appeal or space saving features (if that is a concern at all). Read some reviews of both systems and then the decision shouldn't be that hard. Basically you have to rank what you want in a system, and rate how each system does in that area (performance, style, space, etc.).

Of course, listening would be the best way to determine which one performs better... but I know that is out of the question for me when I go to buy my PC speakers.

ya, il prolly end up being one, using it for 30 days, return it, buy oither, use it for 30, then choose, lol.

Thanks for reply.

U-Toast

ya i like em a lot, il prolly go with em, iv heard them in store, very nice. Now consider the equipment i got here, itl be even better :D

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom