Z-5500 Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
Hi, I recently bought the logitech z-5500's and a Creative X-Fi Platinum. I hooked up all the speakers correctly to the back of the sub and hooked up the control module for the speakers into the back of the sound card correctly. The problem is, the surround sound for movies did not sound right. Also, the speaker test within the creative software did not produce sound in the rear speakers. These speakers are working tho. I also bought a coaxial cable and tried it instead of the analog cables and to no avail. Anyone help?

Hi, I recently bought the logitech z-5500's and a Creative X-Fi Platinum. I hooked up all the speakers correctly to the back of the sub and hooked up the control module for the speakers into the back of the sound card correctly. The problem is, the surround sound for movies did not sound right. Also, the speaker test within the creative software did not produce sound in the rear speakers. These speakers are working tho. I also bought a coaxial cable and tried it instead of the analog cables and to no avail. Anyone help?

Hello, What do you mean that the rear speakers dont sound right? i have no experience with this system...

All i can suggest is one more re-hookup... was there a cd that came with these speakers? re-install drivers, update to a more current one?

can it be the settings on the speakers control pod?

im not so hot on the computer side of speakers...

Right, on the Z5500 Control panel press input to ensure its on correct input, then effect and put it on Dolby Digital Movies, or 6Ch Direct. Then press TEST (top left) of the Logitech Remote.

If that doesnt work ensure in the Creative Control, and the system audio control panel that its set to 5.1 Surround Sound, press the button to sync the creative controll panel and system audio control panel.

If that doesnt work, recheck that the right cables are in the right places in your sub, and the the Control panel for the Xfi Platinum.

if youre using vista also be sure to have it set as a 5.1 surround sound system, and it also depends on the dvd i have the same set up as yours and i dont get 5.1 sound all the time, and the movie settings on the z5500's receiver sets ur speakers to 2.1 depending on the dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom