Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to diss your setup Desktop, but you might wanna move that sub away from your CPU. Low frequencies are non-directional, so no matter where you put it, it will sound the same... possibly better. I would suggest you put it behind your desk parallel to the wall, or if possible, in the corner of the room (best option). Reason: Magnetism will take out your PC in no time and being in the corner will disperse the waves better.

Another tip: put your center channel speaker behind or below your monitor. I see that it kinda dips down... put it in there maybe. You could leave the front L/R as they are, and aim the Rear Right firing towards the wall to your right and the Left Right firing towards the wall to your left. This won't be completely accurate, but those waves will bounce off the opposing walls and come back to your ears as "surround".

Thanks, but I didn't notice any difference.

Desktop i hope you become an active member, from what i read you write and sound like a mature member. We're severely lacking in them, i am no mature member as you will come to know, but still, its nice haveing them around :p

I have the sennheiser 485's

HD485_03.jpg

I love them:p

Crysalis, I stand corrected (*hangs head in shame*). I was doing some (ugh) apartment cleaning today and I decided to give your speaker arrangement a try and it definitely improved the sound! Here's a picture to show the new arrangement:

Thank you :)

Desktop i hope you become an active member, from what i read you write and sound like a mature member. We're severely lacking in them, i am no mature member as you will come to know, but still, its nice haveing them around :p

K-Man, thanks. Obviously this is a good place to learn about speakers, lol.

Crysalis, I stand corrected (*hangs head in shame*). I was doing some (ugh) apartment cleaning today and I decided to give your speaker arrangement a try and it definitely improved the sound! Here's a picture to show the new arrangement:

Thank you :)

No prob! The best thing to do would obviously be to put the rear speakers behind you (what a concept!!), but in your situation, firing them towards the opposite walls will give a similar effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom