Your PC Speakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of speakers do you have? from what ive read you can make it hit down to 20 hertz but need a tuned box, i believe its a 24" long port to do that

i was thinking about building a new sub box for my logitechs soon, it would be easy to take out the amplifier and put it in a new subbox, maybe with say a 12" sub in it and of course, a bigger box. then id have the same surround sound, same controls...just bigger box and speaker (lower notes to hit)

well i was assuming you would have to move your amp out to stuff it in....you can just stuff it into the port hole until it falls in...the only problem is if you dont like that you would have to open it to get it out

unless you have small arms

only problem I see with changing the logitech sub is that the amplifier will have its factory set hi-pass and lo-pass filters as well as the crossover network that's designed to work with the factory sub. So, unless you can change that or are really good at tuning a box, it may actually sound worse.

You are right on about the absorbing materials. It aborbs the messy boomy standing waves ina box. With it, you gw tighter cleaner lows. I've ben meaning to do that to a pair of rTr floor standing speakers that I have, but they are so fragile, I am not so sure it would be worth the risk of damaging the woofer.

wont you be stuck with the 100w/200w peak power of the z5300e sub? i think you mise well buy a whole new everything?

fill material (I use poly-fil from joann's or micheal's fabric store) has a lot of advantages.

a few

1.it make your bass deeper
2.it give you the performance of a box that's in a bigger enclosure than it really is.
3.it solves resonance issue

btw. never use a square box for a subwoofer. it will resonate like **** even with fill material

arn't most subs in a square box ??

yes. now a rectangular box is fine. their are rules about building a box

this one reason we audiophile are hard on the boomers and newbies. the game complete changed in 2000. before that, most stuff were reasonably well made. then our economy took a hit.

manufacturer's couldn't afford to make thing at the same rate and survive. so they start taking quick and easy shortcuts. lots of them. then they took 1 thing and greatly increase that by tenfolds to survive. it's called aggressive marketing.

they are not going to tell you that they are making a cheap cheesey product. they are going to tell you that it's even better than their old products which is a lie. a lot of high end companies went this route too.

now at around the same time most music have turned to scream music, which doesn't have to be high quality in the first place.

now we have a whole generation of people that don't know what good sound is.

I went to a car stereo place that I've shopped at for years. they sell 1/2 mdf boxes for 12's & 15's for 100 bucks now. 10 years ago they sold 3/4 mdf boxes for 50 bucks.

c'mon now. 1/2 mdf isn't good enough for a 6 1/2 speaker. yet you can't tell these new people with systems that their bass suck. and they know more about audio than you

i know exactly what you mean, my speakers i have are older cause i know things were made better back a few years ago. my jensens i bought about 6 years ago and they were made with excellent quality

crysalis, i am familiar with that problem...but i figured i could look up a circuit board for that amplifier and figure out what i can change to tweak the low pass crossover

im glad i got the polyfill right on, i dont feel like such a newb anymore

anyways im a deathmetal kinda guy, and that means i also like beautiful acoustic pieces....isnt that weird? when i change my speaker setup, i simply put on hotel california live and see if that sounds good. thats my testing song haha

the best music to test systems might not be music format that you like the best.

Classical music, old R&B (60-70's) and Jazz are the best music to test speakers. to a person with a trained ear, it will revel what not suppose to be there and what is.

so you should maybe take up listening to one of those formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom