You sould hear this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby

Baseband Member
Hi Guys,

My first post so be gentle. OK my question, I have a Creative Lab, Souns Blaster Audigy 2 sound card in my rig and (if anyone has tried) hooking up a 5.1 Bose system to the card? To be exact a Bose, LifeStyle 12 Series II system. At present the speaker is set IN the computer at 5.1 setup using the Audigy software. I used Line 1 output (from the card) direct to my Aux input on the Bose concole (using stereo lines) and Line 2 output to a seperate amp input to power the rear 2 speakers, so far it sounds great. Doing a surround sound check, all channel work as they sould forntl/eft, front/right, rear/left... ect... All except for my front center, no sound:( . When paying music I do hear it fine but during games and I do a 360 degree turn, the sound goes all the way around except my front center speaker. Sorry for the long description but I fell that someone maybe able to point me in the right direction or give some advise if it is posible or not to fix my little problem.

Thanks

Hi MicroBell,
I am using XP Pro, and yes EX is enabled. At this time I have only been playing UT2003 I will try some other games and let you know. No digital out just using channel 1 and 2, I know that channel 3, based on the manual is for center and bass speakers, mayby thats why I may not be grtting true center channel. I think I have that 6 channel update but I'll it. Thanks MB will keep you updated and any more advise is always great.

first..you need to get the digital cable adapter....i think the audigy2 needs an adapter for digital cables but im not sure....but you need to have a coax or optical cable going to the bose if you truly want surround....also you may want to check the bose reciever....it may be set to only use the 4 surround speakers. I know my reciever which is sony, has that feature where you have different sound 'areas'. i dont know what else to tell you. I hope i was clear enough for you to understand. Also, im not a big fan of bose....they charge you way too much for their name, and some pretty good speakers. :)

Hi All

Thanks Snfupen, I'll check on that digital adapter, just might be the one. The Bose reciever I have has a digital input so it just might work. As for the speaker selection it is 5.1 selected. Once again thanks for your advice.

Abit NF7-S v2.0, BIOS 1.8,
AMD XP2400+ @ 210 FSB X 11, 2300GHz @ 1.85v, SLK900u w/ 92mm Vantec Tornado
2x256 Mb Corsair PC3200LL DDR 400 Dual Channel CS2, 420 MHz, 5-2-2-2 @ 1.8v, Slot 1&2
1x512 Mb Corsair PC3200LL DDR 400 Dual Channel CS2, 420 MHz, 5-2-2-2 @ 1.8v, Slot 3
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro @ 1.6v, Catalyst 3.6 w/ Zalman 80A-HP, Custom Heatsinks all around
SB Audigy 2 Sound Card out to 5.1 BOSE Acoustimass System
80G Seagate 7200 rpm 8MB SATA150
120G Seagate 7200 rpm 8MB SATA150
SONY DRU-510A DVD-RW, 1.44 Floppy
Enermax EG465P- VE(FMA) PSU
Cooler Master ATC-110 Aluminum Case
NEC 17” MultiSync LCD 1700V
Logitech cordless keyboard, Logitech cordless Optical Trackman mouse
Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick, Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Master Game Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back