Yamaha Cd Writer playing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atom_Ant

Beta member
hi guys, jus wondered if anyone could give me any ideas about why my Yamaha CRW4416EZ will not copy music from CD's or music from my computer to CD's? i had a look at the driver and it is fully up to date, it will write data disks fine but just nothing to do with audio?

Thanks alot for any help/:)

Atom_Ant,

If you want to copy audio cd's ,you need a ripping software. Copying .cda tracks directly from your cd to your HDD or vice versa wont work. Try to get Audio-cd rippers [google] to extract audio from cd's and use nero's 'make audio disc' to burn audio cd's.

hello mate, thanks, i currently use Nero 6 ultra i think its called, i have always used Nero but until recntly it just doesnt want to copy, i run on Win 2000 OS??

i have always used Nero but until recntly it just doesnt want to copy, i run on Win 2000 OS??
Atom_Ant,

what do you mean, it doesn want to copy ? you mean you cant copy any stuff when you insert your cd's or ..?

If i stick the files in nero express and click copy with the Cd inserted it does the first song and then comes up with Burn Failed or Simulation failed i dont know if its the songs or the copyer?

Atom_Ant,

Does it happen only for audio-cd's ? And btw does it happen when you write stuff to cd's or when you copy from the cd's?.

My best bet is to use another burning s/w [E.g alcohol 120 %] and burn a cd.If it burns okay, Nero has a problem. If not, update your cd-writer drivers and try again. If nothing works, i guess the laser has worn out and you need a replacement of your writer.

Thanks alot mate, much apreciated,

It wil not write any Audio Cds at all, but it will write data Cd's with no trouble its just writing the Audio;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom