X-fi xtreme music sound card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
I just bought a xtreme music soundcard to replace my xtreme audio card, now its all installed and all the software, its all been decteted etc and on dxdiag it says my card is installed so theres no reason why it shouldnt work but ive got absolutly no sound what so ever, ive done the diagnostic tests and it said all is ok, yet on media player i just see the bar moving with no sound? ive tried playing with the million settings on the control panel but i cant see to get it working, when i did the individual speaker test i got a "hiss" noise from the 2 rear speakers and thats it
wot.gif
im thinking this card is a dud, it was a oem version just chucked in a jiffy bag from ebuyer but still it should be in working order.

what do you guys think? i think this should be working, i mean not to how i like it id have to tinker with the settings but i should still be getting sound from all 5 speakers and sub right?

try some of the newer drivers.
Are you using xp or vista?

I have the same card you do and ive ran into many compatibility problems with my motherboard... try to research online and see which component might be causing the problem

windows xp and speakers are logitech x530's.

The xtreme audio card just slots into place, install the software on the cd and bam it works perfectly, did the same with the xtreme music but as above i got no sound at all

EDITED to say i used the online updater and got the lastest updates and restarted the pc aswell to no avail

Check to make sure you have the integrated sound on the mobo disabled in the BIOS. I forgot to do that when I installed my Fatal1ty and ran into the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom