X-Fi SoundBlaster Pro Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
Ever since installing my X-Fi SoundBlaster Pro (worked prior to issue) new mobo (X58-UD3R), 6GB RAM, and i7-920, the soundcard won't even register in Windows 7.

I currently have my 5.1 speakers plugged directly into the mobo, my headphones connected to the front of my PC, my X-Fi soundcard inserted, and the "Sound" options in Windows only registers two playback devices: both "Realtek High Definition Audio".

I tried installing drivers for my soundcard but it said "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system."

The red X-Fi logo is on, so it's not a power issue. Is there anything else I have to connect to the soundcard? I don't remember the last time I used it but it DID work... and I find it strange Windows thinks that even though I have two outputs connected, it can only recognise ONE (meaning whenever I want to use my heapdohnes I have to plug them in, instead of picking them in the Sound options).

:(

Do you have the CD that came with the card? Use those drivers to install the device first them update them. For some reason the current driver packs dont find the device. I had this issue with a sound card as well.

My Audigy 2ZS installed by default through Windows Update. Sure when you plugged everything in you didnt shock it by accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom