X Fi Problem/Situation #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigj5635

Beta member
To start off, I am extremely confused. I have the logitech z 5500 series speakers and i also have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card, not to be confused with the upgraded pro series fatality gamer card. Heres the link to be specific,

Amazon.com: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card ( 70SB073A00000 ): Electronics

On the far left side of that picture, there is a optical out setting where id like to upgrade my sound from analog to digital. Now i bought a toslink cable which fits right into my logitech speaker set, but cannot fit into the sound card port. I obviously need an adapter, but ive also been doing research and i also heard that the digital I/O module that creative made does not work for this product. So what kind of adapter, or module do i need to buy so i can make my computer have digital sound? If you have any information please let me know. Thanks.

Are we looking at the same picture?

41D56BEN2ML._SS400_.jpg

There is no digital Toslink output on this card. There is only analog.

29-102-006-02.jpg

Yep, definitely no optical out on that anyway. Also, why would you want optical ? Analogue all the way !

I do believe that is the same picture but thats really odd that its labeled like that because on my card, it has optical out printed next to that same port

i guess i just dont understand what a flexijack port is, or what the point of that port is even for then lol

on my x-fi music card, you can set the flexijack to coaxial (not optical) out, line in or mic in, hence the name.

I have some extra pins on my card, so I made a toslink coaxial pci slot (it beats paying 300 bucks for that module from creative) so I could keep the flexijack at line in

31TP8YF7YCL._SS400_.jpg

i guess i just must be extremely stupid or something because i still dont understand why on the back there right next to the "flexijack" port it says optical out... did they just make that up to make me happy and waste money? Something must go into that port right? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom