X-fi problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I have Logitech Z-5500D speakers connected to a Xfi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ity edition soundcard. When I do the channel test on the THX set-up I am only getting the front two speakers (front right and front left), but when i watch movies and listen to music and everything i get all channels. What's the go?

buggy software?

Mine is all buggy too, when I test the channels(with creative software), when clicking on my rear speakers, sound actually comes from the front speakers, but when using the windows default testing,(sound->play back devices->configure speakers)
everything works right... I use Vista btw
I got the cheaper version of the sound card and speakers. but they've been good to me so far
xtreme gamer
z-5300s

maybe your spdif is set to passthrough. if your dolby digital is fine, I would not worry about it

I set mine through media center. I do know that creative has it somewhere and the name is slightly different

In entertainment mode, there is this menu called, Digital I/O and in there it has

Digital Output Sampling rate (either 48KHz or 96KHz)

and

Flexijack Mode (Either Digital I/O or Mic-In/Line-In)

At the moment The Digital Output sampling rate is set to 96KHz and the Flexijack mode is at Mic/Line-In, Does this seem right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom