X-Fi Extreme Audio OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I was wondering wether going froma Soundblaster LIVE card to an X-Fi Extreme Audio card wether id notice any amount of audio quality improvement.

IS it worth it ?, will i be able to notice any difference through my Z5500 and ATH-D40fs headphones ? i figured this was alot cheeper than spending £300 on speakers especially if the audio improvement was atleast mild.

here it is. Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Soundcard - OEM

Also doe sthis use EAX 3 or 4 ?. And it ses it requires Widnwos XP Service Pack 2, i only have 1, or maybe not any come to think of it :cool: (I'll leave you to think why), think it'll still install and work ?

Thanks

Going from soudblaster to soundblaster isn't going to be a big difference, especially a lower end to a lower end. If you MUST get X-fi, get at least the Xtreme Music.

That card's not going to sound much better than the Live! you've got right now. It's not even based on the real X-Fi sound processor. If you're gonna get an X-Fi then get a real one.

Alright, birthday comeing up soon. I'll get that top one the Pro or something, :cool: no not really, i might as well get new speakers if it came to that. Ok i'll get the extrememusic, but whats the other connection on it ? Looks like the overly sized VGA port :D for lack of a better description.

And yes, i must get it. My Soundblaster card has got a physical crack on the board, and the soundquality is getting increasingly worse. Ive changed my speakers to my dads pc and he's just got a new Sb Live card, sounds much better.

ya.... get xtreme music or xtreme gamer.... x-fi audios are just rebranded audigy cards... that don't even usethe x-fi processor

i have the x-fi xtreme music connected to my x530's(5.1) and it sounds fantastic, nice crisp vocals in mp3's etc, punchy bass with CM33-3D enabled in the control panel and also the crystalizer DOES work well, some people might say its rubbish but it does make things clearer.
Im very happy with my setup, its replaced my home stereo and i havent used it since getting these speakers/soundcard as it sounds soooo much better.
But i only found out it wasnt a true x-fi after a few weeks of getting it but i dont care because it sounds great.
Id surgest spending a little more(only £15-20) and getting this Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM Soundcard its oem agian so its cheaper than retail and its a real x-fi card which means you will be able to enable x-fi in games that allow it and it will use hardware for sound rather than software, taking some of the work load off the processor.

I herd the processor in the ExtremeMusic was equal to a Pentium 4 3.6Ghz ! ! ! ... at audio processing of course :cool:

I'd stick with the X-Fi, especially if you play games. Almost all games sound is coded for Creative's soundcards. It'll play on other cards, too, but it's going to sound better over a Creative soundblaster. My dad's got an X-Fi extreme music and a set of Logitech 2.1 THX speakers and they sound amazing. That's the type of system you should be looking at to get the most out of both your card and speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom